hey there

Best answers
Hey there my ingame name is Stylesz and i just downloaded this mod, instantly when i went on i received the ass whooping of a life time and i just had no clue on what to do, this game looks like a mint game and from the ass whooping i took the game play seems to be good i would really like to keep interest in this game.

Could you guys please give me some pointers on which i could improve.

Thank Stylesz and out

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tutorial for the basics:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydXOrtcKP6M&feature=channel_page[/ame]

There was a flash tutorial that's probably more helpful, but the site it's hosted on is down atm. Anyway, some general guidelines

- Advanced melee is useless
- Simple melee is the way to go
- Don't fly in a straight line.
- As an extension of don't fly in a straight line, with simple melee, try to get behind someone to get a hit. ESF is all about outmaneuvering your opponent with flying / teleports. I like to think of ESF as a flight combat game and the plane your in can stop and turn on a dime.

Practice makes perfect. The game can be hard at first, but once you get the hang of it it's not too bad. There's a lot of fun to be had if you become good.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like to think of ESF as a flight combat game and the plane your in can stop and turn on a dime.
This is something I've tried to explain to people for years. You're not driving a car. You're flying what is basically an alien spacecraft. You operate in all 3 dimensions. Ever see those videos of UFOs flying in one direction, then swooping in the complete opposite direction at full speed a second later? That's you.

Circles. Learn to love them, learn to make them. Master the circle.

Best answers
cheers for the advice lads and sub i fink i remmeber you from a server yesterday, nice vid.
Can u leave the lnik of that website with the flash tutorials here please.

bya dvanced melee u mean the combos and the throw?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cheers for the advice lads and sub i fink i remmeber you from a server yesterday, nice vid.

Advanced melee is everything related to prepunch (the 12 punches when you swoop into someone).

Simple melee is the Right mouse button melee where you hit the other guy away.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Yeah i was on the same server as you the other day. The website is http://esf-world.gamers-desire.de/, but its down now and will probably take some time for it to get back up.

Best answers
cool cool

Man this thing is hard to practice due to everytime i try i get like speed killed, like when i get hit once i keep gettin hit until i die

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cool cool

Man this thing is hard to practice due to everytime i try i get like speed killed, like when i get hit once i keep gettin hit until i die
That'll happen for a good while, ESF has the nastiest learning curve ever (other than Civilisation, I can never win at that).

Best answers
ye man i get whooped everytime, when i try to block it just simply doesnt block and when i chanrge in to melee them they do the same but beat me everytime its hard.

Any pointers?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ye man i get whooped everytime, when i try to block it just simply doesnt block and when i chanrge in to melee them they do the same but beat me everytime its hard.

Any pointers?
Increase mouse sensetivity and learn how to use angles. Thats preety much what will make you able to survive in ESF ^^

Best answers
will do thanks 4 all the advice people, if i have more dialemmas or Q's ill post here :p

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also learn to teleport or (Highspeed movement) as some people like to call it at just the right time that way you can avoid most mellie hits

Best answers
thanks madman will do, anyways im off to sleep got college tomoro and ill have a go at all this again tomoro if im not on counterstrike source :p.

Feel free to leave more tips.

Night all

P.S. do you guys have an official irc channel, if so server and channel name?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^

irc.gamesurge.net /// #esf

but it'd dead as can be. It's better to talk in the chat box. Occasionally someone hops on IRC to talk there.

Here's a great technique for swooping. It takes a bit of practice, but do this

WWG

That would start a swoop, but right before the animation of swoop starts, you teleport forward. It's a kinda surprise attack.

So basically you start a swoop, and in the time it takes for your character animation to lean forward and go into a swoop you teleport.

Another technique is what I call teleport whore. or something.

If you want to surprise someone, hit GGGGGGG while holding down the simple melee button.

If you do it or time it correctly, you'll lose a lot of KI, but at the same time surprise your enemy. Just don't do it from 50 miles away.

also: Welcome \o/

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^

irc.gamesurge.net /// #esf

but it'd dead as can be. It's better to talk in the chat box. Occasionally someone hops on IRC to talk there.

Here's a great technique for swooping. It takes a bit of practice, but do this

WWG

That would start a swoop, but right before the animation of swoop starts, you teleport forward. It's a kinda surprise attack.

So basically you start a swoop, and in the time it takes for your character animation to lean forward and go into a swoop you teleport.

Another technique is what I call teleport whore. or something.

If you want to surprise someone, hit GGGGGGG while holding down the simple melee button.

If you do it or time it correctly, you'll lose a lot of KI, but at the same time surprise your enemy. Just don't do it from 50 miles away.

also: Welcome \o/
I do the teleswoop by pressing "forward, teleport, forward", I didn't think it worked by pressing both of the forwards before the teleport.

And that second technique is a horrible idea :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do the teleswoop by pressing "forward, teleport, forward", I didn't think it worked by pressing both of the forwards before the teleport.

And that second technique is a horrible idea :p
Hence I said I was never the best player, but I found it to be effective at times :p

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
It's better to put the teleport before the second forward, or press both at the same time.

W,G,W(hold) or W, G/W(hold,same time)

And yeah, I wouldn't recommend mashing your tele, you'll just find yourself with no ki.

Best answers
wow cheers for the advice guys im improving slowly but surely soon ill actually stand a chance lol gotta love bots.

Thanks so much lads keep em coming :p

This game dont have many people playing but has a great community

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We used to have a huge community. It's been like 5 years since the last major stable release, though. I think a lot of people will play once thats released

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom