Vassago

V
Hey guys, just wanted to sort some things out here.

a) I'm not dead

b) I did not quit

My motherboard died on me, and it ripped out a vital windows file when it went out. I was unable to repair the file die to a severely damaged boot sector on my HD. I had to reformat my C: partition and install WinXP. To make a long story short, I lost all the work I have done for ESF, as I was unable to make backups. The Mobo crash prohibited me from backing anything up, and it died in one fell swoop, so I had to prep time for it.

Most of the work I did was already in the hands of the team members, so thats the good news. The bad news is that I have lost all my vital modeling and skinning tools, so it will be some time before I get back to ESF work.

On a lighter note, I recently went to Illinois for a job interview, WHICH I'm happy to say, I got ;)
I'll be working for Magic Lantern Playware starting March 1st, the same day I move there ;)

That doesn't mean I'm leaving ESF, so don't fret. However, my ESF role WILL slow down a lot. The current game that MLP is making is a little "behind" in the modeling and texturing dept, so I will have to bust my ass off for them, for the time being. In my spare time away from company work, I will still crack down on getting my ESF duties completed.

I hope this clarifies everything that you guys were wondering about.

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
uhh....have u played magic laterns games???? if u have youw ould know they're not that great......But if your happy with your job then i guess it doesn't matter.

Best answers
Sweetness!!! You're back, Now I can ask you to help me with lightwave and annoy you a little, but What town in Illinois? Cause It might be near where I live, and I'll probably visit ya once and awhile!

Vassago

V
MLP's games aren't great because of the development cycles they are given.

They had 3 months to develop COMBAT and only 6 months to develop Survivor.

Think about it, eh?

Any DECENT game has at LEAST a year and a half for the development cycle. The game they are currently working on is really shaping up nice though. They are only one month into development, and its due in August.

So think about that. It's hard to develope an "amazing" game in less than a year.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah! I knew you wouldn't quit Esf, It would of been stupid if you did because:

A) You contributed so much
B) This mod rocks

:D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thought u died or somethin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) And, good luck wit the new job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
Hey Vassago, do you skin? Can you teach me to model good in lightwave, please, i really wanna learn?

TonyMontana

T
Hey it's good to know your alive. Congrats on the new jobs, and I'll be sure to play any game you are involved in. :)

Best answers
well thats all good vassago but WHAT THE ^%$@ IS UP WIT DIGITAL INFLUENCE and can i d/l ssome il-2 skinns and stuff?

WERE IS YOUR SITE???????

Best answers
ok y does it say i did not quit??? WTF yes you did or um are or somthing :S im loosing it here

Best answers
wait i would like to say on my last post i was sevearly sT0nEdO_O and so it all came out opposite....................well um k i am gonna **** the ^%$@ now k

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wour last post was like 7 mins before that one

Vassago

V
xstortionist - They are making their own engine of course. The Monmouth office has 8 ppl including myself, and the Texas office has about 25.

Akhkaru - Yes I skin. I doubt I can teach you modeling OR skinning though, especially since I have gotten this job now. I will hardly have time to complete ESF work, let alone spend time teaching someone.

As far as my website goes, it's a prob with the server. They didn't backup my frikin files like they said they would, before the server was switched out. So the IL2 skin and DoD Garand are gone. I'll have to look around and see if I still got that IL2 skin floating around somewhere though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome Back Vas! Good to see you again, or should that be read!?? Well anyway congratulations on the new job, im sure you will be a valuable team member just as you have been for ESF!
Dont forget us and keep us updated wont ya wont ya :p
I hate when you motherboard dies! Well i suppose i shouldnt have been overclocking my CPU, but it always an excuse to get a new and better computer!

BrunO

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well . . .

. . . was that you in Topeka :p I guess the yogurt in the sombrero helped ;D

j/k Glad your back d00d. Good luck with the game and the new job.

MaX

Best answers
Noooooooooooooooooo!!! Vassago dont go 2 diff game or mod i know your still gonna work for esf 2 but it seems like that then they will take u away then someone will go after u and then they get tookin hen this mod will loose it and die :cry: it happens all the time plz listen 2 me it is very inportant that u do plz and i am banging dont go then this could start into a Esf mod going away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom