hey, is this legal? ( cant find a place that says it isnt)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, I have this large pirate flag. and a flagpole i can mount to my truck.

im pretty sure you can fill in the gaps.

would i get pulled over for sailing a large flag from my truck across state?

i am soon to be doing a bit of a road trip, multiple vehicles involved, and they wanted me to be the lead vehicle and the bunch of creeps my friend are wanted everyone to know which vehicle was the lead car.

"hey does Eric still have that bigass pirate flag?" /facepalm

so errr yeah, i couldnt find anything in specific that said i couldnt but im not 100% sure if im looking in the right places.

Best answers
Why mount your flag on a flagpole?? If your friends wanted everybody to know that your truck is the lead one...just tie the flag on the hood...that'd be avoiding every risk....Dunno...might be a pretty stupid idea... :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it doesnt obstruct view I believe it is ok.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, I have this large pirate flag. and a flagpole i can mount to my truck.

im pretty sure you can fill in the gaps.

would i get pulled over for sailing a large flag from my truck across state?

i am soon to be doing a bit of a road trip, multiple vehicles involved, and they wanted me to be the lead vehicle and the bunch of creeps my friend are wanted everyone to know which vehicle was the lead car.

"hey does Eric still have that bigass pirate flag?" /facepalm

so errr yeah, i couldnt find anything in specific that said i couldnt but im not 100% sure if im looking in the right places.

No idea but im guessing the nearest cop you can find will be able to tell you ^^

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Give 20$ to the cops that try to stop you so they can buy a donut or something. After all, they have to feed that fat, corrupt belly of theirs.
And BTW...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbq_1Wy70rE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbq_1Wy70rE[/ame]

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No idea but im guessing the nearest cop you can find will be able to tell you ^^
well thats the kind of encounter im trying to avoid entirely :D

Best answers
Grega has a point..not that you just go waving the flag...go to a cop plainly and ask him if it's legal or what...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on the height, I'd say. Seriously, ask a cop. They don't bite when you're just asking questions.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea thats what i ment. Find a cop and ask him.

They are supposed to be public servants after all. So make them do some work XD

Besides the pirate flag represents freedom more than piracy. Im sure there is something like the right of expression in the law ^^

Best answers
Get pulled over on purpose and ask him.

If you dont know how to get pulled over on purpose, ask me and I'll enlighten you.

Oh yeah, tell the cop to vote for Killface and Deman in 2012. **** that Obama character. We're better.

Thank you :)

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My friend flew a pirate flag from his truck and he had it on there for a few months in high school. Nobody said anything about it.

Before that he had a confederate flag (he was kind of a redneck) and was asked to remove it because others found it offensive.

As long as it doesnt offend anyone I think youre in the clear.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I got a Cop coming to my house tomorrow. I will ask him for you.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Small children can ride bicycles with flags attached to a pole, so I don't see why you shouldn't as long as it doesn obstruct your, or anybody elses view. Then again, laws in every state are probably different, so I would really just ask a local cop, just to be sure.

Best answers
Well If i know Michigan State police, they're always really cool about everything. As long as the flag doesn't say "I'm a drunk pirate that does a lot of cocaine", you should be in the clear.

Although, i forgot which part of MI you're from Nuttzy (please remind me), so I cant really be too sure about the local or county police you have. If it's anything like Lapeer though (and I think you know where Lapeer is), you'll be A-ok.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its different in every state. Here in North Carolina its legal as long as it doesnt obstruct view or damage surroundings. Meaning you could have a 100 foot pole.

Best answers
Its different in every state. Here in North Carolina its legal as long as it doesnt obstruct view or damage surroundings. Meaning you could have a 100 foot pole.
Well we're both from Michigan, that's why I was asking. The Michigan State Police should be okay with it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why mount your flag on a flagpole?? If your friends wanted everybody to know that your truck is the lead one...just tie the flag on the hood...that'd be avoiding every risk....Dunno...might be a pretty stupid idea... :p
Yeah just put it on the front of the car, across the hood, the cars that are supposed to be following him are really gonna see it. :rolleyes:

To OP.

Just do it. When Italy won the world cup a year or two back, people were driving with them on their cars, and yes the big ones. No one got stopped, at least where I was. And I doubt you'll get a ticket, probably just make it you take it down if anything.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you get pulled over, explain the situation, then take it down if they ask you to. Most cops won't fine you for something stupid like that simply because that's more paperwork for them, unless they were extremely bored, or somehow offended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom