hey i just wannna know

Best answers
hey am i suppost to download half life 1 on steam cause when i was finish adding half life i came with other stuff like couter-strike, day of defeat death match classic and ect. I just wanna know if i'm doing this right. Thanks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The easiest way it to install Steam, then input your Half-Life CD Key. Then you can download it through Steam if you don't have it already.

Then, you have to run Half-Life at least once and play a level (this creates the necessary folders that ESF needs), then exit. After that, install ESF.

Best answers
what if i already installed esf already do i have to uninstall it??? after doing all of that??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If ESF doesn't work.. then yes.

If it does work.. there's no problem? Then, no.

Best answers
but there are other games being downloaded too other then half life is that good???

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes and no ^^

Half Life comes with Counter Strike and some other games. Its in the same package. There is no problem with that. When you enterd your CD-key you had options to download other games aswell. Guess you skiped that part and now all the mods that are in teh HL pack are beeing downloaded.

It just usses up more disk space nothg more ^^

ESF still works so dont worry about that.

Best answers
so can't I just delete the other games because i might not need all of that i just wanna play esf thats all and it also makes the downloading process even longer. so can I??

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shure. but there are other files you need to delete aswell or else those games will just start downloading from teh start >.<

Not shure wich files though. But i think its the GCF files that have the same name as those games (dont have other games than HL so im not shure)

Best answers
ok so i'll just delete the things i dont need i only have half life so yeah thats all i need right now.

Best answers
ok now its says fail to load engine.dll. what do i do???

Best answers
yeah i think so but i have esf and all but it seems i can only play multiplayer i can't play alone can you guys help?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need the first Half-Life, not the Source version. You can only play online or on LAN. There is also an option to play with bots on LAN or online.

Best answers
ok i have half life 1 so that means there's no 1p mode and all only online???

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can play offline against bots, but there is no story mode, if that's what you mean.

Best answers
now i have a problem when i started it offline and it was about done loading esf just closed on me i tried alot of times and it just did the same thing

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jay001 said:
now i have a problem when i started it offline and it was about done loading esf just closed on me i tried alot of times and it just did the same thing
When you are creating you server, in the game tab in the window that pops up, make sure lan game is ticked, or you can just type in "sv_lan 1" without the quotation marks in the console when you launch esf.

Best answers
hey can you save or something like your power level and stuff thanks

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope you cant. Every time you enter a server (even if the map changes) you start from the start.

Best answers
oh doesn't that you guys a little mad about it??? and can you turn into ssj2, ssj3, and ssj4 on this game???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom