Hey, Chakra (or) Pro - Maybe some Flash help?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This will be pretty brief. But I own a customized AlienWare 7500 - Core2Duo [email protected], about 300GB of virtual space, and 1GBRAM. If you check the default specs on the AlienWare website you'll see most of the PC's components are well capable of running Flash, or any memory-guzzling program fairly smoothly.

What are your specs? How smoothly does Flash run? And does it start slowing down when you create too much in it?

I'm on the 13th frame, with really small images - it's a simple animation, and I don't even have a background yet, but the program's crashing at random, and becoming slower with each half hour.

I'd like to know some tips on how to prevent this... maybe closing some uneccesary Windows programs.

Thanks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not that good with listing specs..Let's see...700+ mb RAM I know I have. 2800+ AMD Athlon (2.08 GHZ).

Macromedia Flash 8 (don't know which one you use), for me, runs great unless 1) The library is open 2) The scene is very big 3)you just exported a movie 4) If the Actionscript Window can be seen

Flash eventually comes slower to me after a decent amount of work, saving, importing, etc. It freezes a times (PISSING ME OFF) while it anti-aliasing a pencil/paint lines if drawn too quickly or something.

I suggest closing other memory hungry programs, keeping the library minimized, getting rid of the action script window (until you need it), and anything else unnecessary for you in Flash.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it's good to know there's always a way to fix the issue. Actionscript, I believe, is usually open; I'll definitely close that--and I'll try closing the library.

The video file, initially, was about 5 minutes long, and the quality was actually very...close to DVD - I have now cut the scenes from the video into pieces and shrunk the quality, and will do each file in a separate scene--I was merely experimenting before. But, the program was freezing/crashing before that when I wasn't working with any video files. I received stuff like "You're running low on virtual memory - please close any other programs and restart Flash". That would happen every 10 minutes into using the program, and I was barely done with one frame, and only had Internet Explorer open. That, however, mysteriously stopped, and I am now up to 20 frames. Weird program - and yeah, it's really unbearable at times. Do you know if it ever did this before Adobe put its bear mitts around it?

Thanks for the help. I'll see about trying what you suggested.

Best answers
im using flash 8 and after effects 7(which can also make flash)
i have 1gb rum amd athlon 3200+ 2.3ghz and it runs great...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom