"Heroes"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That series on NBC. Has anyone watched it? Personally, I'm hooked on it. It's about people who use super powers, but it's interesting to see realistic people use and cope with their powers. Each character is facing their own kind of story, yet are still intertwining with the other characters. And it's not a stereotypical, cheesy sci-fi, if that's what can call it, either.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard it's good, but I don't have cable, so meh.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's entertaining. But it's also predictable and derivative. I enjoy the story lines about Matt (the telepathic cop), Hiro (the Japanese time-freezer) and Claire (the regenerating cheerleader).

However, I can't stand Niki (the stripper/alternate personality woman) and Nathan/Peter (the guy running for congress who can fly, and his brother) are pretty annoying as well.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for describing the names, I've been watching sincet he first episode and the only one I know is "Claire".

But I am curious to see how Nikki and her family ends up. And I personally want to see Peter do some more flying and stop being such a ***** about super powers. And this "Cyler" (?) guy also adds some nice mystery to it. Even the guy who doesn't have powers (forget his name...His father was the one who had the theory on new evolution) has an interesting story.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer the 4400. I find it kinda dumb that everyone suddenly "evolved" at 30+ years old and now has to go save a cheerleader who can put herself through a woodchipper and survive, just because someone is going to blow up NYC. WHich reminds me, I'm tired of people trying to blow up NYC.

Now if they came from left field and said the heroes' ancestors had been bred for many generations to reach this point for a particular purpose, I'd be impressed. Then again, hearing "Save the cheerleader! Save the world!" all the damn time kinda shoots any expectations of a great storyline down.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just started watching a few weeks ago. I finally gave it a watch like I do most drama's like 24(Still my favourite) Lost(Lost interest) and a few others and I'm willing to take away time on mondays to give this a watch it seems pretty good so far and plus it has Haiden Pennetiere(Yummeh)

Xenon

X
And this "Cyler" (?) guy also adds some nice mystery to it. Even the guy who doesn't have powers (forget his name...His father was the one who had the theory on new evolution) has an interesting story.
Cyler (I don't know how to spell it either) and his son are the professors trying to find the "special" people. Cyler is the indian dude who drives a cab.

I'm seriously hooked on this show. I've seen episodes 1-2 so far, and hope to watch 3-5 today as well.

I honestly don't understand Nikki's power, at all... To me, she's just a skitzo...

I thought Hiro was pretty funny, while still being cool. He teleported himself into the women's bathroom to prove that he could do it, but his friend was busy getting beers and missed it, so he just got thrown out and laughed at.

"I love New York!", *thrusts hands into the air* \o/

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Way off Xenon. Sylar is the show's current villain, the guy who eats people's brains and had somewhat of a showdown with Peter at Claire's high school last Monday. He seems to have telekinetic powers but an aversion to light.

You're thinking of the recently deceased Chandra Suresh who used to drive a cab in New York, but was killed. His son, Mohinder is still alive though :p

Xenon

X
Way off Xenon. Sylar is the show's current villain, the guy who eats people's brains and had somewhat of a showdown with Peter at Claire's high school last Monday. He seems to have telekinetic powers but an aversion to light.

You're thinking of the recently deceased Chandra Suresh who used to drive a cab in New York, but was killed. His son, Mohinder is still alive though :p
My bad, I know now. But damnit, I haven't seen the rest of the episodes yet, so please put spoilers in white next time... Now I almost don't want to watch, since I'm mad about knowing what's going to happen... Half the show is about shock and surprise...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My bad, I know now. But damnit, I haven't seen the rest of the episodes yet, so please put spoilers in white next time... Now I almost don't want to watch, since I'm mad about knowing what's going to happen... Half the show is about shock and surprise...
No worry, the things he mentioned didn't really just recently happen, and as for the showdown, that was assume, there is still much suspense left in the episode you missed.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't consider what I said spoilers especially since the previous three episodes have pointed toward the event I mentioned. I didn't mention the outcome either so you've still got reason to watch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom