Heroes of Newerth

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/
Does anyone here play HoN? It is a MoBa similar to LoL and DOTA but has some major differences such as creep deny and Hero Denying. Just curious if anyone else plays this and wants to join me for some games

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The closest thing I've played to either of those games is Marvel Heroes, and that's only because it has superheroes. I looked around the HoN a bit, but I'm firmly in the sci-fi camp. Fantasy just doesn't do it for me.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
HoN probably takes the most skill to play out of the 3 moba games. The learning curve is pretty steep and I think it's part of the reason why it's the least popular compared to the others, it has a pretty awful community too.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well depending on who you find. I have found a good 40 to 50 people that I cycle through and join up with to play in 5v5s. Yes I do agree though that most of the players do have a negative attitude...but I feel that is very similar in many of these MoBa. The level of competitiveness in the game I feel adds to that

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guess with games like those, you really can't create unique characters or classes. I've seen all of those same characters on 3 other mmo's. agility, intelligence, strength = rogue, caster, tank. I don't particularly like these games all that much, but I do play LoL occasionally and that's only because it actually has an accessible community. The only experience I've had on DotA is douche bags screaming at each other, and it was the same during my beta test on Smite.

Maybe I just have no friends. This thread makes me sad.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe if you hadnt bought Injustice for the Wii we'd be playing together...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Haha. Yea there is a lot of younger kids that mock each other...then again that seems prevalent in many online community games. I don't play any console games online. I enjoy my mouse and keyboard. As for smite, i've had a good experience with Smite. And considering Smite are the gods (well respectively) compared to LoL, HoN, DoTa...you can't really say they are the same as the others. It also gives a much different twist to the game...though it really has a lot of tweaking to make it much more enjoyable...having everything be skill shots is refreshing

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HoN is just Dota 1 remade pretty much. I didn't care too much for it at all. The best thing to me is a characters name. "Clint Beastwood".

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well it's Flint Beastwood. It is based off of Dota but at the same time brings many more aspects to it.

Just seeing if anyone played it. I prefer it over all 3 due to the increase of skill needed to play it over LoL

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And after I stopped posting pictures of people laughing, I'd let you know I have a 360.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't. The PS3 community is smaller, apparently, which does you no favors considering how ******* hard it is to get people to play me.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Yes I do agree though that most of the players do have a negative attitude...but I feel that is very similar in many of these MoBa.
I think it's worse with HoN. I think it's because LoL is more casual friendly.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I've played HoN, and haven't touched so much on LoL...However, I still know that HoN has a really bad community, I know my friend used to come really pissed to school because he had been playing HoN in the morning. He also could describe many rage-outbursts he had witnessed while playing the game. But I like HoN a lot more than LoL due to the used art style :) LoL is more cartoony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom