Hero: The movie

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shogi said:
yes tarantino is overrated, i found myself gritting my teeth through most of the dialogue in kill bill, and i detest the fact that he slapped his name on hero and is now basically taking credit for it.
I know. It's incredibly stupid when a company such as Miramax tags their name on something claiming that they "present" it or something... Wait... You mean "presents" means he had nothing to do with the film, but he's just "presenting" it to the US? Most of the people in the US would never have heard of this movie had he not taken an interest in bringing it to us. Only misinformed people actually believe he had anything to do with making it.

KyoKusanagi

K
Lol, it really surprises me how long it takes for movies to get released outside of their native countries. The movie has been out for quite some time - 2002 - if i remember correctly - but thats besides the point.

Its a great movie and is only the second movie to star both Donnie Yen and Jet Li. Not to mention some of the biggest names in HK Cinema namely Maggie Cheung, Zhang Zi Yi and Tony Leung and i reckon its pretty good that it's gotten an international release in a similar way to Shaolin Soccer which I think Miramax got its hands on.

And Crouching Tiger isn't that great. It certainly wasn't the first or best film to feature that kind of martial arts or wire work, not to mention a completely miscast Chow Yun Fat in a role far more suited to someone like Jet Li.

Best answers
im sorry guys i was disappointed in this movie, the fight scenes were awsome, but the camera angles and the slow motion effect got really irritating, the scene where broken sword is using the big brush for his coligraphy, i was laughing so hard because it had some wierd wind effect goin on, it looked like a janitor making love with his mop, but like i said, if you are looking for awsome fight scenes, look no further at all, cause this was great at that.

and for the record, when somebody "presents" a movie, they are not taking credit for it, it means they are presenting it to an audience that would otherwise not see it.... alot of you guys get mad at really silly reasons...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just saw it yesterday and I really enjoyed it. At the time I didn't know that Tarantino was only paying for it to be brought here, but none the less, He wouldn't have payed for a bad movie. Loved the fight scenes, loved the story, and Jet Li did what he's best at, kicked a lot of ass. Overall I give it a 8.5/10

Best answers
Just saw it today, great movie. Aesome storyline, and freaking kool how it was a true story. Except for the dodging thousands of arrows and flying lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VivaLaPineapple said:
Tarantino is so over rated. i dunno how this guy got famous. he takes obscure ideas and then the sheep that the audience are just eats it up. I walked out of kill bill and demanded my money back and i didnt even pay to see the movie. **** Tarantino.

that aside hero looks good then again Tarantino didnt have anythign to do with the filming so it should be good.

Maybe people just have different tastes? I mean ****, you don't have to like him, but don't start calling the Tarantino fans sheep, allright? I've seen four Rooms, Resevior Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and the Kill Bill series, and they're all in my top 10.

Best answers
seriously, i dont think most of the teen people here have quite enough experience in life to judge people as a mass, ive taken 2 years(4 semesters) of sociology and i dont pretend to know everything about groups of people, so dont make sweeping generalizations.

now on topic, i just saw hero again, by myself, not with my friends who were making me laugh the whole time, and i must say, i think the second time, it was alot better. some parts still kinda made me cringe cause they were sort of cliche, but overall i give it a much better ranking, i would say this gets about an 8.5. the emperor was a really good character, actually, all of them were, but the emperor was my favorite(see notice how i said 'my favorite', not "the best, and if you dont agree, then you dont know anything about character development!!")

Best answers
GhostfaceKillah said:
have you seen "the one"?
That movie BLEW! I cannot believe I wasted 6 bucks on it!

Anyway, as for Hero, I plan on seeing it in theatres sometime soon hopefully.

Best answers
GhostfaceKillah said:
have you seen "the one"?
Every actor has been in a bad movie. I thought it lacked in certain things but I liked the One over all.

I havnt seen Hero yet, I was planning to this weekend maybe.

Best answers
Here is my two cents on the movie....

Im sooooo sick of seeing the same people die 3 times.... And that master's chick going crazy over his death... And that stupid flying stab move.... god I can see that comming like a mile away why can't they dodge that... The water fight seen was just stupid... I just had to laugh out loud in the theaters when that was going on... I give it my personal :no:

Sorry..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i did not liek the movie at all...

storyline wasnt as "deep" as everyone is saying..

the colours have no real significance or greater meaning.. unless you wanna pull something out of your ass...

the cinimatography was decent.. but the camera shots were so simplictic it looks like a school project (dialogue scenes mostly, although the fight scenes looked quite nice)

all-in-all it was a waste of my $9.50....

i was expecting jet-li to hand out some kill-bill ass whoopings, but instead saw a dummed down, boring, pg-13 love story with meager attempts at symbolism

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Maybe people just have different tastes? I mean ****, you don't have to like him, but don't start calling the Tarantino fans sheep, allright? I've seen four Rooms, Resevior Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and the Kill Bill series, and they're all in my top 10.
Relax Phat, Im4 has a hard time not trash talking things he doesn't like. I think he is a little too critical of that which he critiques.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the record, "The One" was supposed to star The Rock, and was written for him.

Fatmanterror said:
and for the record, when somebody "presents" a movie, they are not taking credit for it, it means they are presenting it to an audience that would otherwise not see it.... alot of you guys get mad at really silly reasons...
True that. I've seen some lame *****es in my day, man, but some of the stuff I see around here takes the cake. "This movie is so awesome...Quentin Tarantino paid for it to be brought over to the US...wtf, Tarantino sucks!" See, it sounds a lot stupider broken down into it's base form.

To be blunt I don't really dig Tarantino much. But if a movie that was good was brought over by him I wouldn't NOT see it because he was involved...it's just retarded. I think that, not doing something because you have to overact your annoyance in it for social purposes, is MUCH MUCH MORE sheeplike than doing other things like being open minded and stuff.

And for the record, Fatman has it right: Say "my favorite" or "I liked"...don't go "it's the best." That's just frigging stupid. Stuff like that makes me want to resurrect my "You might be an elitist prick if..." jokes.

The movie itself isn't bad , being on topic. I hated Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, but I found this to be a lot more satisfying, though it's still not my thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom