heres a good idea for beams...

Best answers
u know how if ur in a beam struggle (power struggle) in 1.3 u can push another beam ball into the power struggle y does it have to be a beam ball...? it doesnt look good.... the idea is good but the looks.. heres my idea u power struggle rite? then when ur done charging the second blast.. instead of a beam ball the beam it self shud get bigger.. then bigger again and it will have a limit on how big it will get..... i meen the beam balll doesnt look that good

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's where custom sprites come in.

Best answers
true true... yea u can do that but i meen just for regular 1.3... cuz im sure they wont make a sprite rite when it com,es out

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I understand what you mean, but it's not needed, like behind the ball of energy you shoot out to increase your beams power will be a beam that is as thick as the ball's head(that doesn't sound good:d), it's possible that it might be this way, but I think the current way the team showed us looks good enough.

Best answers
ah i gess ur rite.... well maybe some1 else likes my tase and perhaps he wud make a sprite like my idea :):

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would also require coding to get the beam to grow like that based on your suggestion. Either that or someone can make an animated beam sprite that grows in size after you've launched the primary attack.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The idea sounds nice but it wouldnt work with the beam struggle design.

As stated in the design documents The power of the ball you shoot to enhance your beam drops with distance. Basicly the longer it travels the weaker it gets. So youd have to shrink the beam acordingly.

Allthough this could be fixed by simplyaddtig a tail to the ball that starts wide and than narows down to beamwidth. But that would also cause some slight visual problems. Like what hapens to the tail of the ball after it gets to the struggle. Does it just disapear or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom