Here we go again...My Record-breakingly Long-Term Model

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure. I'll probably have to go back and redo most of my work, but it'll make things asier on myself. Here's my website:

http://www.3e2470.com

The concept doesn't see like it'll catch on imo, but I'd at least like to try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEG4MlapU84

Oh, and here's a demo I made for it six months ago. It's crap compared to what I can do with animation now, but I'm still proud I made it.

Discord Member
Best answers
Oh my god!!!!
Thats cool ;).....cant wait to see the whole video......and i guess you will be the bad guy when this model is finished??
OH the kamehameha is cool :) and the aura :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good guy and bad guy, technically...long story...too lazy to explain right now...

Best answers
J-Dude said:
Good guy and bad guy, technically...long story...too lazy to explain right now...
He's not joking it is a long story.... J-dude I snag this from the old thread, hopefully you don't mind... I don't know if its change since then though...

J-Dude said:
Well, this character is actually two people...er...hmm...how to explain...

Okay, basically, the character begins as one person. He's got the body of a late teenager, but the mind and age of a man in his early thirties. In my story, he is a descendent of the Saiyan race, though he doesn't know it. The setting of my story is the year 2470 AD, hundreds of years after the original coming of the Saiyans (assuming DBZ/GT was present time for us).

He begins as a police officer wanted for some pretty harsh charges of vigilanteism that he was forced into from a frame-up. He was caught and brought to a local station for interrogation. He has no hard evidence that wasn't destroyed to prove his innocense and was railed on by the interrogator. During a particularly rude and provocative slur about his wife and daughter (both murdered by druggies in his own home), his rage built to unnatural heights and forced him to transform, into the first Super Saiyan in centuries.

In the story, after GT, the Saiyans never had a new enemy to rise to, so the race itself and its powers were forgotten, and melded into the human race. His family still told stories (now believed to be extravegant fairy tales) of the Saiyans and Dragonballs, Goku and Vegeta, and so he knew what had happenned to him.

But he was dangerous. He was born unlike most people, without an ego. I mean this in psychological terms.

The ego balances the id and superego to reality, like a balance between evil and good. The Id is our desires, while the Superego is our will to make the world better and do good.

This made him two personalities in one, the id being dormant. But the transformation awakened the Id to control, and so in rage and hate, he used his new powers to destroy his city.

Eventually, so out of control that he nearly destroys the planet, the superego fights the id for control. This struggle is so intense, that he literally splits in two, and seperates into two beings: J-Dude and Max. Now, they are independent beings with the same awesome powers and this time with a balanced mind of their own.

J-Dude resolves to kill Max, who resolves to succeed where Vegeta failed in honor of the Saiyan race and rule the Universe with his power.

The one I have depicted is J-Dude. Both have a small hereditary red mole on one side of the tip of their nose no larger than a sixth of a fingernail. The two during their split are inverted horizontally, so the mole is on a different side (J-Dude's is on his right side, while Max's is on the left). Max even has his twisted heart on the right side of his chest instead of his left.

Max, unlike J-Dude has a different set of clothes (don't worry about that, I've got it covered).

Both are of high intelligence. Max became a sadistic killer, cunning, rational, yet has weaknesses in the form of his dangerous overconfidence and his terrible pride for his heritage. He idolizes Vegeta but resents the fact that he changed his ways. Though American, he often speaks with an odd pompous accent distinctly his own, dispite having the same vocal chords as J-Dude. He often employs attacks from Vegeta's arsenal. The first of these which he succesfully pulled-off was the Final Flash. He considers J-Dude a narrow-minded fool, too soft to be a true Saiyan, and not fit to share his likeness. He has no mercy, even for his allies.

J-Dude is a good guy, peaceful, sometimes he may even sound sagelike, though this is just part of his casual demeanor. He strongly believes that everything happens for a reason, that there is a force at work beyond the Kais' and Otherworld. When fighting, he is no nonsense. While Max smirks and toys with him, he will not stop improvising new tricks to use to win, knowing that without help, the very fate of Earth rests on him beating his "brother". At first developing his own techniques, some useful (The Annihilation Wave) some obsolete (The Demolition Assaut) he eventually gravitates towards old tried-and-true techniques, such as the Kamehameha, Instant Transmission and the Solar Flare technique.

Both are almost exactly 5'8'' tall, weighing about 150 lbs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so its like a siamese twin fighting each other? 0.o?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Shadowcast, Alica Goku SSJ4 and Shiyojin Rommyu: Thnx for the compliments. The Kamehameha took a lot of work. I used Chaos Phoenix for the aura and the firing cone of the Kamehameha, but the aura is a ways away from what I was hoping to get. I want to make the aura resemble the show. This one works, but it's not quite DBZ. I used a free plugin called KYTrail for the actual Kamehameha wave, and applied the plugin to a moving sphere to generate the wave trail, and applied it to a particle system to simulate the energy crashing over the hill when it first hits it, and as it drills it's way into the side.

There was a lot in that that I don't like tho. First, my Ed model is way behind what I'm capable now. The model is turning one year old this month. It has 0% polyflow. It shows mainly in how the cell lines are showing the face, because the head is basically a cone that I shaped and then meshsmoothed the Hell out of. It's almost 100% triangular faces, and it shows. I'm thinking of going back and remaking him, just because the way he is now, animation is a pain in the ass.

Not to mention that I hadn't fixed the skin penetrating the clothes until the last sequence of the video. You'll notice that my animation got better as the video progressed. That whole first sequence with Ed running was all (foolishly enough) just a biped motion file playing over and over. I can see now that it might have been about 50% better if I had just even thought to increase the rate that the run animation playd at, bcause he looks like he's floating. If there's one thing I've learned from all that, it's that motion capture files are best suited for video games.

I also want to improve my ability to shatter rock, because in both instances that I did so, it looked totally unvelieveable.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd love to see you recreating some famous DBZ scenes with those features, that was really cool man =] hoping to see more of it cause thats really unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom