Here goes Nothin

Best answers
I'm new to this fight club yet it intrigues me. I would like a trial match against someone. If anyone is interested please post thanks.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I'll accept that challenge, welcome to the club. :)

Best answers
Thanks Engar I'll try to make this good. All we need is a ref now.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Yeeeeess.. Ref...

*peers about*

I'm sure one will appear.. o_O

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess I'll referee this battle, as it appears others are just not aware of it @_o

The venue will be Jabba's barge over the Sarlacc pit, where one of you will obviously get tossed over board after losing two rounds. :)

There are no barred holds, so have at ye.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
*cracks knuckles*

Well Cid, I'm gonna put it to you straight. I'm what you'd call the 'Welcoming Comity', I find those who have dared to set foot in our prestigious club and destroy them in such a way that you will never make that mistake again.

You have been weighed, measured and found wanting; step forth for the punishment.

Best answers
Your ddle threats mean nothing to me. I will gladly embrace ur welcome to the club by leaving u nothing but a blood stain on the barge and joining the club as a steadfast challenger.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Blinking, Engar steps out of the shadows and into the glare of the twin suns of Tatooine; his hands are bound behind his back by metal restraints that are strong enough to hold him for the moment. He is otherwise relatively free to move, the guards who have so carefully watched his movements now retreating to the lower deck where his slovenly captor rests in the meaty sack that he calls a body.

A sympathetic voice, tinged with the mechanical buzz of speakers, rings in his ears.

“The great and powerful Jabba has decided to offer you one chance for survival, Engar of Earth. It is his wish that you do battle with a challenger of his choosing, a prisoner like yourself; the winner of this engagement will walk free.”

Turning - the restraints tight as ever - Engar stares into darkness that seems much deeper than before. There is something there, a figure in the shadows.

“Should you fail Lord Jabba hopes that the honour which kept you from serving him holds you well as the Sarlaac devours you.”

The figure is moving before the echo dies, charging forwards and twisting with one foot raised – a flying roundhouse that Engar drops painfully to his knees in order to avoid. Behind him he can hear the clang as his opponent lands on the hard metal flooring and, eyes following the shadow that stretches in front of him, rolls sideways to avoid a swift kick at his head.

Using his hands to push himself up, Engar is on his feet in a second and backing away as the challenger’s fists pummel the air. Ducking to the right twice, then almost falling to the left, Engar finds it almost impossible to keep his balance as he is forced further and further backwards – the railings of the barge getting ever closer.

His opponent takes another swift step forwards and feints at Engar’s stomach, causing him to curl slightly as he leapt backwards only to crack his back of the rails. Crying out, Engar bends his head back out of the way of a left hook but falls into the challenger’s trap. Bent back, his stomach stuck out, Engar is wide open for a sucker punch that leaves him curling forwards in pain. About now he would normally be gripping this man’s hand but he can’t, not yet.

He looks up but only in time to see a boot-clad foot blur through the air and connect with his cheek; Engar spirals sideways through the air and lands face down on the grating. He only allows himself a second of rest, and then he is back on his feet and, though dazed, aware enough to back further away. He is in the light again, his opponent hidden under the darkness of the canopy.

“My name is T.G._Cid and I will not die today!”

As Engar watches Cid approach, cold anger in his eyes, he reflects that maybe if he hadn’t been quite so rude in rejecting the slug’s offer he wouldn’t be wearing restraints.

No matter, I don’t intend to wear them any longer.

From Cid’s point of view Engar crouches slightly and looks down at the ground. Still approaching, he cannot see the look of concentration. He cannot see the tensing of Engar’s muscles.

Deep inside.. down in the spirit.. flowing through the body.. Ki!

Running now, perhaps sensing what is happening, Cid brings back his right fist and puts everything he has into one punch. Still running, turning slightly, he swings it around with all the unstoppable force of a rouge planet. The very air ripples as it approaches Engar’s still down-turned face. Then the world explodes..

The constraints shatter and Engar’s hands are suddenly holding Cid’s, the shock of the sudden cessation of movement screaming through his arm. And yet, as he blinks in amazement, he still manages to pick out the red sores surrounding Engar’s arm caused by tearing through the metal.

It should scare him but Cid can also see the way Engar pants, he has taken a lot of energy out of himself through that little stunt. He brings his left forwards at Engar’s face and Engar responds by, as he knew he would, releasing him and easily knocking the light blow away. Both step away from each other, Engar moving out of the corner he has backed himself into with his arms raised – eying his opponent wearily.

Cid makes the first move, sidestepping forwards and bringing his right around in a chop while his left feints at Engar’s chest. Engar deflects both with his right easily, taking another step back and catching another left without any sign of difficulty. The two continue this odd dance for another couple of seconds, twirling around each other, moving from shadow to light as their hands met again and again in light, probing attacks.

Again it is Cid who makes the first real attack, as Cid crouches Engar leans forwards to advance and Cid responds by leaping upwards. His left leg kicks off while his right bends upwards, his knee firing up under Engar’s chin and almost catching him off guard. Engar leans back in the last second, letting Cid rise up and cupping both hands at his waist – catching Cid under the heel of his left leg and heaving, sending Cid flying backwards as if the two were an acrobatic act. Cid summersaults backwards through the air and lands crouched with a grin on his face even as Engar darts forwards, catching his left with his right hand and blocking Engar’s right with his elbow.

His left hand still gripped tight, Engar employs his Ki to bring his right hand back and forwards before a second had passed. And still Cid manages to catch his hand. Now he holds both hands and Engar seems to be out of options.

“You seem to be out of options.”

Engar takes a deep breath and looks up with a wry grin.

“Not quite.”

And when he screams it is out of real pain as he releases the Ki inside in a wave of unfocussed energy that ripples outwards. Cid tries to hold on, his legs skidding backwards as the terrible wind Engar is creating pushes and pushes, but eventually he must relinquish.

Flying backwards, Cid strikes one of the posts holding up the canopy and falls beside it with a flare of burning pain running deep into his right shoulder. All at once he is on his feet again, charging at Engar with his hands outstretched to catch him. Engar is quicker, he steps backwards and as Cid’s left leg falls towards the ground Engar knocks it to the side with his right foot. Falling forwards, suddenly off balance, Cid finds it impossible to prevent Engar from gripping his right hand and pulling him onto Engar’s back, flipping him head over heels from there and onto the hard metal ground.

The pain in his shoulder explodes and for a moment he lies still.

“Rise T.G._Cid,” Engar is stepping back into the shadows, only now allowing himself to feel the heaviness of his limbs, the burning in his lungs, the dull ache of his jaw. The pain he himself has suppressed is rising up to meet him.

“Rise and meet your fate.”

Best answers
The sand swirling in the face of T.G._Cid as he was led out in to the deck of the sand barge.

A voice low and misleading game over the intercom as the sun hit Cid's eyes.

"Lord Jaba would like to welcome you to Fight Club Cid. This shall be your first and last match."

With that said the door behind him closed and a hatch in front of him opened. Rising out of the barge came his opponet chained the same way he was.

The voice echoed again.

"Simply put Lord Jaba hopes that either one of you will meet a slow and grusume end and if possiple would love to see both of you fed to the Scarlacc pit."

Seeing his oppenent only as a shdow in front of him he felt his restaints released. Cracking his fingers and his wrists observed his oppened be released as well. T.G._Cid curious to who his opponet was asked the shadow.

"Who is it that I fight today?"

The shadowed answered back in a voice that sounded sure of victory.

"My name in Engar and I would like to welcome you to Fight Club."

That being said the shadow kneeled down and lead tord Cid delevering a swift kick to the jaw followed be a sweep kick Knocking Cid flat on the hard metal floor. Engar, over confident, declared as he delivered a sharp kick to the ribs of Cid.

"This is my opponent? With A name such as T. G. Cid I was exspecting more."

Picking Cid up by his throat and tossing him to the side, turned his back to his opponent chuckling to himself. Cid getting up answered back.

"This is only the beginning and you would be wise to remember that."

That when it started. Cids body was heating up. letting his energy build up focused his gaze on his opponet. Engar turned to see what was happening. Watching energy spark off Cids body sooned relized that he had misjudeged his adversary. Engar himself letting his ki flow through his body.

Ccid was ready now, knowing Engar next attack may come at anytime. Engar having a slight glow to him began his assult. Bounding off the steel surface
Engar swung his heel around at Cids head only to be block by his left arm.
Using all the strengh he could aquire Engar followed up with a barrage of left and right punches. Cid blocking and dogeing what he could soon felt the sting on a sharp right jab to his stomach keeling him over but he was not out. Quickly Cid retaliated with an uppercut to Engars chin followed by a side kick to his chest knocking him accross the barge.

Engar getting up grinned.

"Impressive Cid yet, not quite good enough."

Engar flung out his left arm, the sun glissining off his sweat, and starded charging up his ki. Sparks of energy flung off his arm. Cid knew he was in danger he felt Engars power level rising and the Barge started to shake.
Engar yelled out to the wone which had wounded him.

"I'll send you to oblivian"

With that a ball of ki raced from engars arm shaking the barge violently and creating a a vortex of sand behind it. Cid acted quick. Waiting till the last miniute flung out his arms in front of him and brased the giant energy ball. Feeling it burn on his hands Cid with all the ki he had, deflected it over the side of the barge hitting the sand of the desert. The ball eruppted sending huge gusts of wind and sand over the barge almost turning it over. The area where it had hit was turned to glass. Cid had to act fast his body quivering with power dashed to Engar and delivered a knee to his stomach. Quickly with an elbow to to Engars back jumped into the air and and sent screeching toward him a ball of lightning that pinned him to the ground singeing his back and clothes.

Cid stood where he had landed, looking over his opponet, woundering if that would be enough to stop him. The smell of seared flesh still in the air.

[Sidenote: Sorry about that Cuc I must have misunderstood the rules.]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your first round post needs to be adjusted, you write the story from the beginning (as if Engar had never written anything), only after a round has been judged do you write off of another's work. Please edit your post with these changes.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
*blinks* Just bumping so that it's clear that T.G._Cid edited his post.

Best answers
ooops should have typed new Sorry. (Bows down to the wrath of Cucumba)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Engar picks up a win for round one, as his post flowed better and had much more readable grammar. Cid, your post wasn't bad, but you need to clean up your spelling and grammar errors. Otherwise, a very descriptive first round, and an excellent first fight club post. Don't get discouraged, you have the basic tools, now sharpen them on Engar's head. :fight:

Best answers
YAY! WHOO *CHEERS* GO ENGAR!

DO NOT post in other people's fight club threads until the entire match (all rounds) is over. -grOOvy

Best answers
Rising from the ground and grabbing his shoulder Cid tried to focus on his
opponent. Blood dripping down from where shrapnel had cut his cheek and
quivering Cid stood his ground realizing that he had underestimated his
opponent. With that decided Cid drew his sword. Its black blade glistened in
the sun.

“I must say Engar you are good, quite good actually, but I refuse to loose my
first fight.”

Engar stood glancing over Cid’s body trying to figure out how much damage was actually done. Cid glanced back and in a burst of anger rushed Engar with a Katostu. Engar quickly sidestepped this attack and kneed Cid strait in the stomach. As he fell Engar just looked on with a stare that meant victory. As soon as Cid hit the ground Engar stepped back still looking and waiting to see if his opponent would get up.

Thoughts raced through Cid’s mind.

Maybe I should just give up and end this pain……NO NOT YET!!!!!

Cid rising, refusing to be beaten, slowly sheathed his katana and readied for
another attack. His right hand still on his handle slashed out at the air
sending a violent arch of lightning off the blade in the direction of Engar.
Engar jumped into the air watching as the arch of lightning blazed through where he was standing and crashed through the side of the barge. Then a sharp pain ran over Engar’s body surging out through his shoulder. Reaching out with a shaking hand touched the source of the pain a kunai lay embedded in his shoulder. Cid yelled out to his finally wounded opponent.

“This should finally even the odds.”

Engar ripped the kunai out of his shoulder and shot it back at Cid. Quickly Cid
deflected it and sprang at Engar. Engar ducked as a horizontal slash, aimed at his head, glanced over him.

The two opponents landed on he hard hot deck of the sand barge. Both opponents held there wounded shoulders yet this calm did not last. Engar launched a volley of ki balls; sweat dripping off his head from the deserts intense heat. Cid acted quickly slashing out as each one came dangerously close to impact. As his medal met energy eruptions could be seen as the ki dispersed. As the last ki ball erupted the dust cleared only to see Engars foot come through the dust and land in the face of Cid. Cid sprang up and shot a streak of lightning through the blade of his sword right into the shoulder of Engar. Engar had no time to react at the range he was at and winced as the bolt of lightning struck him. All blood had seized as the intence heat of the stike cauterized the wound instantly, the smell of burnt flesh filled the air.

Engar lay on the ground for a while then slowly crawled to his feet. Pain serging though out his entire body as he glanced at Cid. The attack was successful yet, at a grave price. Cid kneeled where he stood sweat dripping down his face. He was at his max. Slowly both fighters managed to pull their broken bodies from the ground. Knowing this fight would have to end so the other could live.

Engar powered up with arms together palms facing out as a ki ball formed. Cid with his arms behind his head if ready to catapult a blast in retaliation, started charging a massive ball of lightning. the sky darkened and the wind fell still as both fighter ready there hopefully final attacks. Engar was the first to release followed by Cid catapulting his blast directly at Engar’s.

An explosion erupted in the middle of the barge splitting in in two. Debree and shrapnel fell every where. Cid being thrown over one side and Engar being thrown over the over as the shockwave from the blast hit them. Both opponents dangled off the edge of the sand cruiser within inches of their life.

The sand cruiser started to sink with both opponents hanging on by a thread.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
T.G._Cid hesitates for a second, his body shuddering, and giving Engar cause to think that maybe, just maybe, he put too much energy into his throw. He hadn’t intended to finish the fight so quickly but if luck was with him, who is he to complain? His guard drops for less than a second but that is all the time his opponent needs.

Rising on his hands, Cid hooks both feet around Engar’s legs and yanks hard just above the ankle. Finding no purchase to hold himself up, Engar’s feet fly upwards and he falls towards the hard metal ground. Except he doesn’t reach it, planting one foot against the metal Cid kicks out with the other and digs it into Engar’s side with a kick that almost blurs.

Engar lands in a sideways roll, groaning as he bangs his shoulder off the railings of the barge. One hand wearily grabs at a bar and he tries to pull himself up, his limbs aching from the strain he has been putting them under. The other raises to ward off the bright rays of the twin suns, for a second blinded by the glare, then staring into the oncoming boot of Cid.

Dodging sideways with mere inches to spare, Engar can hear the piercing groan as the railing buckles under the power of the kick. The sound pushes him, getting him back on his feet in time to sidestep out of the way of an punch that hits another railing – the dull groaning ringing through his ears as another bar bends.

He has no time to consider the strength behind the blows, one hand sweeps around in a clumsy block that only just manages to stop another punch, his left deflecting another away in a dazed manner – Engar is running on fumes. T.G._Cid on the other hand appears to be growing stronger, at first Engar had believed him to be a weak opponent but now he can see that this one is much better schooled in the ways of Ki.

“You’re growing tired Engar, give up now and I may kill you before throwing you to the Sarlaac.”

Cid takes a couple of steps backwards, hands by his sides as he grins his mocking grin.

“Funny,” Engar takes a deep rasping breath and closes his eyes, savouring the warmth of the suns, hearing for the first time the odd noises coming from below the barge, “I was just about to say the same thing to you.”

Cid’s grin disappears in an instant as Engar charges, his hands rise to defend himself but he misunderstands Engar’s plan. Drawing on his already flagging Ki, Engar kicks off the ground with his right foot. For a second he soars, his dreams of flying achieved, and then plants his left foot on Cid’s shoulder as he rejoins reality. Engar, balancing precariously for an instant, kicks down on Cid’s face as hard as he can and then, crouching, kicks off into a backwards summersault.

Blood flowing from his nose, gashes all over his forehead where Engar’s boot scraped the skin, his left shoulder screaming from the punishment it had suffered during the fight; Cid only just manages to wipe the blood from his eyes in time to see Engar land elegantly on the top bar of the railing.

The ****y warrior tips him a jaunty salute.

“Sure you don’t want to give up?”

Then the railing, having suffered well beyond its limits, collapses. The post that has been kicked is the first to give way, tearing from the barge and falling out of sight along with a bemused Engar.

Cid bursts out laughing, forgetting the bleeding nose, and turns away.

Below, gripping a bar of one of the railings which twists in the harsh desert wind – only just holding onto an already bending post – Engar stares into the closed shutters of Jabba’s barge. Glancing up at the sound of laughter, then down to where he can see the pit of the monster that would be his prison, Engar looks back up at the shutters again and grins. Calling upon the power within, Engar hammers his fist elbow-deep into the closest shutter then tears it from the window. In the next second Engar is gone, all that’s left is the whistling wind and the swinging bars..

“Well Jabba?! Have I satisfied your conditions?! Engar is gone!”

“Ahem..”

Twisting around from his position at the gap in the railings, Cid draws in a stunned breath as he spots Engar from his perch on the canopy.

“The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!”

Launching himself from the canopy, makeshift staff swinging down hard with the boost of energy that adrenaline has given him, Engar uses Ki to take the shock of the fall and tries to ignore the shaking that courses through his hand as the blow is blocked by Cid’s right arm. Infused with his Ki, a golden glow surrounding him, Cid ducks under the bar as it is swung again and catches it on the return swing. It is yanked easily from Engar’s grip and folded into a ring before he casts it over the side of the barge.

The two eye each other warily for a second, both knowing that this is the final round.

Engar is the first to move but Cid, his Ki reserves still greater though he is burning them away at an incredible rate, is too quick. Before his fist has been drawn back Cid has lifted his right foot and kicked out at Engar’s shin. Moving on pure reflexes Engar kicks off the ground and for a minute time seems to move like treacle.

Engar hangs in midair; knees crouched up near his chin as he slowly sours backwards with his arms outstretched. Where his foot has been is Cid’s foot, ripples rolling across the steel as it tears right through it and punches a hole into the room below. In this moment Engar feels truly connected to Ki. He can feel the energies, see them move through the air, burn off Cid as he glows brighter.

The moment ends with the screaming from below, Engar lands skidding backwards in a crouched position with Cid growling with barely withheld rage steady trickle of blood flows down his face and trickles off his chin.

“You should be gone, this fight should be over! I shall not lose my first fight, I shall not spend my time in the belly of that beast!”

Cid raises his hands together and for what seems to be the first time, Engar sees the Ki without needing to concentrate. Golden energy flows between Cid’s fingertips, channelling its way into the gap between both hands. Eyes closed, Cid mutters under his breath until the sphere swells to fill his hands – bright yellow light bursting out between his fingers, glowing through his skin as if he held the sun in his hands – then opens them and brings his hands around.

The sphere streaks through the air, closing the distance between the two too quickly to dodge, then – hands raised to ward it off – Engar feels the ball hit.

“Give.. up.. yet?”

Sliding slowly backwards, closer and closer to the railings of the barge, Engar is just managing to hold the ball at bay. Hands cupped inches from his face, feet desperately trying to find purchase, Engar fights a losing battle as all parts of his body scream out in pain. It’s too much for him, the ball too strong.

And yet even now he refuses to give up.

“It’s not.. going to end like this..”

Reaching deep inside, deeper than ever before, Engar goes for that which is stronger than even Ki.

“I won’t die today..”

The energy that keeps you going - the energy of the soul.

“No matter.. what you might think..”

Life Force

“THIS FIGHT ENDS NOW!”

For one second – only a second for that is the most Engar can afford – he is surrounded with an aura of pure white energy. Every part of his body sings with power unimaginable. Men have lost themselves in its glow but not Engar. He has a job to finish.

Screaming, Engar flings his hands forwards with all his might, almost losing his balance, and sends the sphere burning its way back to Cid. The ball picks him up and carries him through the gap in the railings, fizzling out over the Sarlaac pit and allowing him to drop onto the sandy slope below. Jabba’s guests, who have been watching the fight with great interest, turn their sights to the windows. The shutters draw back just in time for them to see a tentacle snake itself around the exhausted T.G._Cid.

All this is lost to Engar, his last thought as he falls face forward onto the floor is that he really hates that overgrown slug.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Suprisingly, you both had verb tense errors, though Engar had far fewer.

TG Cid, this was a good round for you, but not good enough. Another masterwork round from Engar wins the match.

Best answers
*Sigh* o well better luck for me next time. Good fight Engar. I hope to battle u again sometime.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
And I you Cid, you really impressed and I'm positive that you will warrent watching. Next time could have a very different result. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom