Help

Best answers
well í've download and installed the Version 1.2.3 of esf, but i have 2 problems, when i try to create a lan game, this error appear:

could not load library C: \SIERRA/Half-Life/esf/cl_dlls\client.dll
after that i tried to play in the internet mode, but the game says:
Your Half Life executable is out of date. Half Life will now update to the current version.
but when the hl search for updates it doesn't find anything. So i don't know what to do, if someone could help me, thanks =D.
PD: sory for the english i'm argentinian.

Best answers
I haven't done this in a while so i dont know if this is right but I think you get the "could not load library C: \SIERRA/Half-Life/esf/cl_dlls\client.dll" because you haven't played HL yet. HL has files in it that are only unpacked once HL is played. Just start up HL and start a mission or training thing and you can exit the mission after it loads up then try running ESF. If thats not it then do this in order:
1.uninstall ESF
2.Play HL once
3.reinstall ESF

Best answers
Kasey said:
I haven't done this in a while so i dont know if this is right but I think you get the "could not load library C: \SIERRA/Half-Life/esf/cl_dlls\client.dll" because you haven't played HL yet. HL has files in it that are only unpacked once HL is played. Just start up HL and start a mission or training thing and you can exit the mission after it loads up then try running ESF. If thats not it then do this in order:
1.uninstall ESF
2.Play HL once
3.reinstall ESF
and the problem of the internet? do you know why?

Best answers
Are you using Steam? And a valid copy of HL with a CD key?<-I dont know if that matters or not. Also check your internet connection and if you still can't figure it out look in the FAQ. I'll edit this post when i find the link for it.

Best answers
Kasey said:
Are you using Steam? And a valid copy of HL with a CD key?<-I dont know if that matters or not. Also check your internet connection and if you still can't figure it out look in the FAQ. I'll edit this post when i find the link for it.
i did what you said before but didn't work. i don't have the steam or that think i don't understand that thing, but de cd key is original i bought the half life genreations pack(with the box, guides, all that stuffs) so it have to be original.

Best answers
In English: Ok. You NEED Steam to play ESF. Without steam you can't play ESF. To DownLoad Steam click the link in this post and then click on "Click here to DownLoad The Steam Installer[<1MB]" then install steam and create an account and set up a dedicated server and register your HL with Steam then when you click your ESF icon ESF should work. Click this it's a thread on how to install ESF it also tells you how to set up your game with Steam.
*I just translated it into Spanish for him. Incase any mods are wondering.*
En Espanol:Bueno. Usted NECESITA Steam para jugar ESF. Sin el vapor usted no puede jugar ESF. Para Descargar el Vapor hace clic la conexión en este poste y entonces clic en "el Clic para aquí Descargar a El Instalador del Vapor [<1MB]" entonces instala el vapor y crea una cuenta y el conjunto arriba un camarero dedicado y registra su HL con el Vapor entonces cuando usted hace clic su icono de ESF ESF debe trabajar. Haga clic en Click this es un hilo en cómo instalar ESF que lo dice también usted cómo establecer su juego con el Vapor.

Best answers
jajaja i understand english, the only thing is that i don't know what is the steam and all that stuff, but with this i will understand i think. it was funny to read de translation jaja thanks for all kasey i will post if it doesn't works:p

EDIT: now it works, thanks for all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom