help

Best answers
i tried to play hl but it says that other programs are on at this time. quit out or youll lose on what you are working on. i closed every program and it still says that samething. what should i do. plz help

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, never seen this before. Fortunately, I may know how to fix it.

1. Go into Start -> Run
2. Type "msconfig" into the box, and click OK.
3. Go into the Startup tab.
4. Uncheck everything with a path starting with "C:\Program Files".
5. Click Apply.
6. When prompted to restart your computer, click "Restart now".

If the problem persists, post back here.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you installed any new programs lately? Any firewalls, anti-spyware or things like that?

Edit: I've thought of something that we could try:

1. Open Task Manager (Right click the system tray, or press CTRL+ALT+DEL)
2. Go into the Processes tab.

List everything you see in there and post it. I'll compare it to mine and tell you what you should try shutting down.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Could you post a screenshot with your problem? Would be more helpful, since Half-Life shouldn't even ask to shutdown any programs. Either way you have spyware on your computer, or you have to re-install steam and half-life + ESF. I doubt low memory could cause this problem, unless you really don't have allot of memory in your computer.

Best answers
taskmgr.exe cidaemon.exe opera.exe Iexplore.exe msmsgs.exe steam.exe ccapp.exe mmtask.exe jusched.exe shwicon2k.exe winupdates.exe alcxmntr.exe vttimer.exe kbd.exe hphmon05.exe hpsysdrv.exe spoolsv.exe ccevtmgr.exe ccsetmgr.exe explorer.exe navapsvc.exe cisvc.exe winvnc4.exe svchost.exe svchost.exe isass.exe services.exe winlogon.exe csrss.exe smss.exe spamsub.exe hpqtra08.exe morpheus.exe backweb-194057.... system system idle process

so now what do you think. sry but cant make pics im on punishment for using it the wrong why.lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom