Help =/

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't find in the stickies =(

I just need help on how to convert model's to ESF. Like ElementQ(I think?) Converted Ned's models to ESF, how do I do that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, its not exactly the easiest process to explain but i will try.

What you need: Milkshape 3D and HL Model Viewer [optional]

First you need to find a skeleton you are going to connect the model to. So lets say you are connecting Ned's goku to the esf Goku's skeleton. You will need to decompile the esf Goku model and find teh reference.smd file. It usually wont be called "reference.smd' so just try to find the .smd file that contains the actual esf Goku model, then import it into milkshape. but dont import the model, only the skeleton, so uncheck "Triangles" and make sure "Skeleton" and "Rename Bones" are checked. Then click ok. If you dont see the skeleton then go over to the joints tab and make sure "Show Skeleton" is checked. Then you will need to import the model you are trying to connnect to the skeleton. This is where things get tough.You need to make sure that the model fits the skeleton almost exactly, so move, scale and rotate the model and the parts untill it fits. Then you will need to connect each vertex to each bone. That parts a little hard to explain so try it out on ur own. You will get the hang of it eventually. The easiest way to do it is to click over the joints tab and click on one of the bones in the box, and the bone you clicked will highlight in 3D view. That will show you which bone you just clicked. And if it just so happens to be a leg bone then select which vertexes you want to connect to that bone, then click "assign" in the joints tab. And every now and then click the "SelUnAssigned" button, it will show you what vertexes aren't assigned yet. And you keep doing that untill all the vertexes are assigned to there rightful bones. Then repalce the newly assigned model to the original esf goku.smd file from hich you imported the skeleton. Then compile it. And check it out in HL Model Viewer to see the connection, and if its buggy just go back to the goku.smd file you where working with and reconnect some stuff. Just edit it untill you are satisfied. Its not an easy job and there are no easy ways to convert it like clicking a convert button...so..umm...just try it out. i might make a tutorial on how to do this... [with pictures]

Hope that makes sense, good luck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
erm.... i need to at...
Ur..his or hers [skin] = U have to get the pics and make them in .bmp with 256 colors !

Thats very important! or u´ll get a error at last!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom