Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I was wondering if possibly, anyone could help me get started in mapping for ESF. I have made some Half - Life maps before, but that is quite different than an ESF map. Im on mIRC alot if you want to talk to me. (#ESF)

Best answers
well

i hate irc so uwont see me there but TripleK17815 on aim. well basically just get the .fgd and set it up for worldcraft. Also get your compiler hooked up with the hull file. Now, make it...1/4 size. If you haven't heard yet the beta switched size; the player is now only 18 units tall as opposed to half-life's original 72, so you will have to make the map small along with it. For spawn locations, I suggest one info_player_start, about 12 info_player_deathmatch, 6 or so info_good_start, and 6 info_evil_start. More or less it is up to you. the info_player_start is necessary because thats where the camera is when the player joins. deathmatch spawns are needed for free for all games. Good and evil spawns are needed in teamplay.

For dragonballs, add at least 7 item_dragonball entities. You should think about adding more so they spawn randomly among them and are harder to find.

Senzu beans don't exactly work right now due to the hull file(and not having been scaled down yet). You can still place them, but they will be underground.

If you want a general idea what to map, make it outside and with big open areas. ESF fights are not suited to small chambers, though it would be interesting...heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom