HELP!!!

Best answers
HELP!!! i installed ESF but i have no idea how on earth to play it. i have steam and hL. But when i click on the desktop logo it just goes to the browse games page. ;(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you run Half-Life before you installed?

Best answers
yeah. i got it to work but when i try and look for servers, it says i need to update my esf? what does that mean?

Best answers
well...when i click on internet games, it says my esf isnt up to date even though i have 1.2.3. Then it goes onto this hL upgrade thingy and tells me that i have the most updated hL.

Best answers
anyway i have to go. theres a time difference between us so i need to snooze. bye for now. POST YOUR ANSWER AND I MAY SEE IT LATER

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you running ESF 1.2.3?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's using WON. He needs to import ESF/HL to Steam and then try again.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.steampowered.com then register the CD-key and download HL play it once and install ESF

WON is dead you nead STEAM

Youll know you are using STEAM when youll see a STEAM icon in the lo right corner of the main menu

Best answers
i already have steam. Do i have to install it into steam then? Yes i have 1.2.3

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please do not double post, you have an edit button for a reason :)

You don't need to go there, if you already have steam.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because steam comes from there. You run half-life from steam. You don't need to use the old version. From what you ahve said, it is 100% ovious you are running the old version of half-life.

Get steam from the steam website and install steam. Then run half-life once and install esf to the steam HL directory. Once there, you go to play games (under the steam menu; right click on the steam icon in your lower right corner to see it) and you will scroll down to see the ESF game.

Best answers
thanks for the help. i waited until my dad was drunlk and then i asked him if i could use his credit card. i bought hL with some other mods as well (like DoD, Ricochet, team fortress etc..) My esf works noe thank for the help!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom