Help with Computer Health. Processes & CPU

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright. I've noticed lately that my comps ben freezing up alot.
I've also noticed that I have ALOT of processes running (like 50-60...)

I know what a handfull of them are, but the others... eh.

Some of them are useless, I am wondering to remove processes so it doesnt waste my memory and slow down my comp.

I've also noticed that my CPU usage will SPIKE up to 100% and my comp will lag.

I've also noticed this disturbing process called 'dumprep.exe' and it just continually uses more and more memory, it will start, then just keep rising and i cant turn it off unless i restart my comp.

Anyone know wth is going on and what i can do to fix it?

Processes galore!

Spike.... wtf?

And i also keep getting a sort of pop up that interupts what i am doing, when i alt tab i can se the Internet Explorer icon, but nothing coems up. I'll go to processes and end internet explorer but it doesnt help.

It happens ALOT, i got 2 while typing this. I had like 12 come up during 1 esf match. Having this 20 times during a wc3 ladder match doesnt help me much with the lag and delay.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's your cooling system like? The CPU thing happened to me, two days later I found two of my fans (CPU and extractor) had broken. After sending the computer off to get them replaced it came back and I haven't had the same problem since.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well you need to keep yourself protected against spyware and viruses , as the "Owner" that's your job to keep your pc in tip top shape. Get spybot & adaware and some form of virus protection

also a little tip folders on the desktop and/or huge files can actually slow your comp down a little too , you might wanna try organise them. If i ever have folders or files on my desktop i make sure that they arn't big , why not try oragnising them on your hdd?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom