Help with aura colours

Best answers
Hey I didn't know where to post this so I posted here,

I was wondering how to change the aura colours, like Buu and Frieza are pinky purple and cell is green, I figured it is in a command line somewhere.

I was hoping to make normal Goku's aura red and Vegeta's blue
if anyone knows how to do this please shed some light on this.
Also when they turn SSJ will the colour remain red or turn to yellow, I am asuming the colour will go yellow as the command line will be directing a change like the transformation model ?

again this is for personal use only
Thnx

-Drone-

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There isnt any command to change the aura colors. If you wanna change the colors youre gonna have to edit the skin. But if you make the white aura red, then whoever else uses a white aura will have a red one also. (saiyans, piccolo & krillin)

Best answers
when I say command line I don't mean cl_aruacolor or anything like that I mean opening a .confg file and retyping something to set the aura colours, I know it is not a skin edit because if it was a skin buu frieza and cell would all have white aura's as well
dude to the fact there is only one aura.mdl and powerup.spr etc....
thnx for trying to help tho

one of the esf team will be able to help hopefully

Best answers
It maybe possible because it looks like a local light source cmd that is in .confg or something like that, all I need is to be pointed in the right direction

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The aura colour is in the skin.... Change the skin colour and you are done just like MP said. Also like he said, if you change the white skin to any other colour, everyone with the white aura will now have this new colour aura. THERE IS NO COMMAND LINE OR ANYTHING IN A .CONFIG YOU ARE ABLE TO CHANGE.

Best answers
still no convinced it is a skin but more of a light map,
because putting a new flare.spr or aura.mdl set them to the grey default and not contain a skin for those.
Thats why it leads me to beleave it is a light map, it is not character model specific also I checked if it is I could not locate it.
Frieza's aura and cells aura and powerup were coloured via a means not of a skin
I just want to colour Goku's aura and Vegeta's aura seperate colours and I cannot do this by colouring the main one

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Strangley enough, it IS a skin. If you do not believe me, I will take a picture from HLMV.

What I don't understand is how to compile with multiple skins.

Best answers
Drone, Open HLMV, open the aura.mdl, go to the BODY PARTS section and look around in the SKIN tab. There are multiple skins in it, and the code of ESF just selects them depending on the cahracter. This is called texture families, and you can have the same for the whole model via submodels, eg. Trunks and his sword. But you cannot make the Aura use submodels for different characters [:EDIT: OK, this is possible via using 100% transparent skins to hide the models. No use of submodels btw, it would be all in one] or implement multi-skins into player mdoel files because it is not coded in. So if you want to change Aura colours, look at the Aura.mdl's skins.....

If you want different auras for people who have the same at the moment you have to edit the character's animation sequences for powerups, recreate the aura model in there, add bones and set up the animation inside the player animation's files.

Best answers
Thanx guys =D
I didn't care if i was right or wrong just wanted an explination on what to do like goku provided
thanx for everyones help

-edit-
Could you walk me through this process
If you want different auras for people who have the same at the moment you have to edit the character's animation sequences for powerups, recreate the aura model in there, add bones and set up the animation inside the player animation's files.
I would apreciate it

Best answers
Nope, I can't, because it is too much work. It is simply modeling and animating, but it would require insane amounts of bones because you would have to hide the aura inside the body when not needed which requires ~1bone per vertex.

Just leave it like that and accept that you can't do it, as long as they both use the same aura skin...

Best answers
ok bro if you want a different AURA go d/l, there is no command line for changing the color, not even in .config or .NETHING, OK. get over your gaddamn ego and learn to listen. if some one trys to help you when you ask for help, TAKE IT, or else no ones gonna help you again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how to edit esf's aura model colour in ten steps:
4:use the drop down menu to pick the colour skin you wanna change
5: click export texture
6: edit texture to what you want
7: click import and import your new tex
8: click save model
9: copy/paste aura.mdl and rename it to aurabend.mdl
10: replace origional models in esf/models,

OMG THAT WAS HARD :O!!!

as for changing seperate people to colours, (eg: vegetas white aura to red while keeping gokus white) is impossible without editing the dlls, and that will invalidate mulitplayer online, so you will just settle with gokus,krillins,piccolos and gohans auras red too ;O

on transformations, its also pointed to the yellow texture by code, so change it to red or whatever and it'll be that in his trans form :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom