Help with adding model skins to ESF

Best answers
How do you add model skins to ESF? I have found no help on the net so far and would appreciate any help from anybody. I have heard something about looking in the hl file. Where is the hl file?! please help me.

Best answers
not hl file, hl ESF folder.....
than models/player/playername/playername.mdl
you have to decompile it (for example with ms3d)
Than import the playername.smd into your 3d program (for example ms3d)
and than edit everything you need.
Or just use the half life model viewer to open the *mdl in the viewer and than export the skin, edit it, and than import it back and save.

Best answers
im sorry, but I still don't understand what ur saying. here exactly do i find the hl esf file and what is ms3d?

Best answers
hl esf isnt a file, its a mod

u can be stupid and do it in the hard way:
goto esf\models\character name
lets say goku, then
X:\Half-life\esf\models\goku\goku.mdl
Download that 3D Program called Milkshape (some1 supply a link for this noob Im trying to help, I forgot)
goto TOOLS=>HALF-LIFE=>DECOMPILE NORMAL...
then edit the bmps created in the same folder as the mdl file
when ur finished, recompile it by goin to the same menu and selecting
"COMPILE QC FILE"
OR YOU CAN BE SMART AND DO IT IN TEH SUPER EASIER WAY!
download from somewhere ( ALSO SOME1 HELP ME WITH A LINK ) half life model viewer
goto Texture ( after opening with that program the mdl file )
and there you shall see all the skin files
they are bmp
you can select a skin.bmp file in the model and then click import, then YOUR SKIN WHICH YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT
select it
and watch the model back in the Render view... do you like the skin?
then goto back to Texture and click Save Model
there you have it, a model, with a skin changed, back and ready for action in esf or any hl mod by those instructionz

HAVE FUN AND GL!

AND PLEASE SOME1 HELP ME WITH LINKS TO HELP THIS GUY

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://milkshape3d.com

Download that. Free to try, like 30 bucks to buy.

Your directory should be like

C:/ProgramFiles/Valve/Half Life/Esf

For Steam:

C:/ProgramFiles/Steam/SteamApp/"User"/Half LIfe/ Esf

it may vary depending on how you installed it.

Tip

Best answers
Dont listen to kreshi, he has no idea what hes talking about.

Ok, here:

1) Download the model you want. Lets say you downloaded a Goku model. Unzip the file and you get a Goku.mdl and a ssjgoku.mdl file.
2) Copy those models and then open up your c drive. Go to Program files, half life, then to the esf folder. In the ESF folder you will see a folder called Models. go into that folder and then you will see players folder. Go into that and you will see a lot of folders with names like ssjgoku, goku, trunks, ssjtrunks, vegeta... etc... Find the folder goku and put the goku.mdl in the folder. then open the ssjgoku folder and put the ssgoku.mdl in that folder. Your done. Go play ESF and play goku and you should be using your model :).

Do the same for other charecters like trunks, but put trunks in the trunks folder. MAKE SHURE THAT YOU RENAME THE FILE TO THR PROPER NAME!!. For example, if you downloaded the file from esfworld.de, then it ussualy is called the creators name like AzN_gohan.mdl. Rename it to trhe folder name, so it would be gohan.mdl. If you dont do this, then it wont work.

Best answers
Tip said:
Dont listen to kreshi, he has no idea what hes talking about.

Ok, here:

1) Download the model you want. Lets say you downloaded a Goku model. Unzip the file and you get a Goku.mdl and a ssjgoku.mdl file.
2) Copy those models and then open up your c drive. Go to Program files, half life, then to the esf folder. In the ESF folder you will see a folder called Models. go into that folder and then you will see players folder. Go into that and you will see a lot of folders with names like ssjgoku, goku, trunks, ssjtrunks, vegeta... etc... Find the folder goku and put the goku.mdl in the folder. then open the ssjgoku folder and put the ssgoku.mdl in that folder. Your done. Go play ESF and play goku and you should be using your model :).

Do the same for other charecters like trunks, but put trunks in the trunks folder. MAKE SHURE THAT YOU RENAME THE FILE TO THR PROPER NAME!!. For example, if you downloaded the file from esfworld.de, then it ussualy is called the creators name like AzN_gohan.mdl. Rename it to trhe folder name, so it would be gohan.mdl. If you dont do this, then it wont work.

uuuuuuuupppppppssssssssss, sorry i misunderstood his question, your right :p

follow Tip and everything is ok :laff: :yes:

If something is still confusing than ask and we will try to help you :smile:
-->I hope that i won´t understand the question again wrong :p <--

Tip

Best answers
Its ok kreshi, you were telling him how to edit models.

Best answers
thank you so much guys for the help:) now i finally learned something new today, hehe:) c yall later

Best answers
ok, i downloaded a gohan model and put it in the gohan model folder and renamed it to gohan.mdl and it still doesnt work.what next?

Tip

Best answers
If the file is a .zip file when you download, you will have to use the program called winzip to open it up and get the .mdl files out.

Best answers
and after that extract them to the folder eg: extract to if it was a gohan model then (if you wanna keeep the origanl gohan then paste it some where else) exact it to the gohan folder i hope this helps!

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look, download Winrar, download this. Then when its all installed, go download whatever model you want. Save it to your desktop or wherever, then open it. If for some retarded reason it asks what program to use, click: choose one from the list, and pick Winrar.
Dunno how you managed to install esf if youre having problems with winrar...

Best answers
i got all the .mdl files and pasted them onto gohans folder and it STILLL DOES NOT WORK! WTF am i doing wrong for gods sake:(

Best answers
have you really replace the OLD gohan.mdl with the NEW gohan.mdl that you downloaded? :confused:

hmmmm or you have maybe downloaded a BETA 1.1 model.... :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom