help with activities.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i seriously need youre help.

i broke my shoulder, and first day i was fine. but now, im desperate for something to do.

can anyone name some things to do with one availble arm?

ps: i just took a shower, and it was painful. no more showers till im healed :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can think of one thing...but it's not something you can do all day. Not unless you want numb legs at least.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can anyone name some things to do with one availble arm?
Most MMORPG's don't actually require a keyboard, just a mouse.

Erm...learn one-handed juggling?

Best answers
There's always reading...you only need one hand to hold the book and turn pages...

By the way Ravendust, your sig is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. Dylan Moran was awesome in Black Books.

Best answers
X... i believe i know what ur talking about... more dots .... LOl...

ontopic: u could... go on the phone... aim... net stuff.

uh... like what X said... not much to do though...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X said:
I can think of one thing...but it's not something you can do all day. Not unless you want numb legs at least.
Numb legs?

Get together with your friends and get drunk. You only need one hand to hold a beer!

Walk around a public place asking complete strangers to sign your cast. Ask around the local buisinesses if they want to grab some advertising space.

If you have a girlfriend, now would be a good time to milk the relationship a bit. Chicks dig casts, so if you dont have one, nows a good time to get one.

Read. If you just want something entertaining, I would highly recommend the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Go to a used book store or a library and get the entire trilogy in five parts. Dont worry, the book was much better than the movie.

Movies. Borrow some from friends/relatives/strangers that you havent seen before and invite the before mentioned girlfriend or friends over to watch them.

Take up 3D modelling. Its a fun hobby that can really be alot of fun. Check with the Renderosity forums if you need any help.

You can still ride a bike with only one hand, just dont fall. I imagine it would hurt... alot.

Try your hand at cooking. Ask your parents if they have any basic cookbooks you could use.

Now might not be a good time to take up guitar, violin, piano, bagpipes or any other instrument that requires two hands. You can sit there while I tell you how much fun it is though.

If you broke your right hand you could see how well you can learn to write lefty.

Jump off a roof again. See if you can be two for two.

And if all else fails, watch soap operas. Some of those British ones can slowly twist your mind until you feel like youre enjoying their quality programming.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
could be a full time sperm doner?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol. good sugestions. and btw, my left shoulder got broke, and its in a sling -___-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could always broaden your musical horizons and try some new bands or even a new genre.

Nothing makes me appreciate my metal more than a little raggae! Goes good with weed too...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
could always get a job that requires 1 hand to work. I remember what it was like when i broke my raidus (the sphere shaped thing betweeb your hand and arm) i could still type but the cast on there limited my finger movement as it felt rather uncomfortable to move my fingers in that thing , each one fell like it would fall off at some point)

or why not throw cup cakes , eggs or chicken bones at little dwarved kiddies , hoboes , happy families & vairous birds

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Silent Bob said:
By the way Ravendust, your sig is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. Dylan Moran was awesome in Black Books.
Thank you, it's my favorite show :]

Kaination, I found this list just for you:

Push your eyes for interesting light show
(Amusement Potential: 1-5 minutes)
See a variety of blobs, stars and flashes. Try to make out things your subconscious is trying to send you a message? Can you control what you see by pressing different areas with different forces? Would it be possible to somehow see the same effects on TV?

See how long you can hold your breath
(Amusement Potential: 4-20 minutes)
Not that much fun, but it sure passes the time. Play with a friend, or try to beat your own personal best. Some tips: hyperventilate before hand, and stay as still as possible. My personal best is 2:00 (exactly).

Try to not think about polar bears
(Amusement Potential: 1-5 minutes)
This is especially hard, because by trying too much, you remember what you were trying to avoid thinking of. If you try too little, you end up thinking about polar bears anyway.

Scratch yourself
(Amusement Potential: 1-3 minutes)
Go ahead, scratch yourself now. Even if nothing itches, go ahead. Doesn't that feel pretty good?

Repeat the same word over and over until it loses its meaning
Pick a random word out of a magazine and say it aloud to yourself until it becomes a meaningless set of noises.

Hurt yourself
What is pain? Why is it unpleasant? There's nothing physical about it - it's all in your mind. Plus, after pinching yourself for awhile, boredom will seem nice next to being in pain.

Try to swallow your tongue
There's not much to say about this one. It is possible.

Pretend to be a car
Make appropriate revving noises in your head as you walk along and add a racing commentary as you pass strangers in the street. Use blinking eyes as indicators for extra authenticity.

Look at something for awhile, shut eyes, study after image
(Amusement Potential: 2-5 minutes)
Another great time waster. It takes about 30 seconds of staring to create an after image, and the image is then viewable for about the same length of time. Fun to combine this one with pushing on your eyes.

Get yourself as nauseated as possible
(Amusement Potential: 5-10 minutes)
Best achieved by looking straight up and spinning around. Try to be so dizzy you can't even stand up. This is also entertaining due to the "makes boredom seem a lot better" effect (see "Hurt Yourself").

Should last you a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom