help - Selective cut on Photoshop

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hey I want to ask if theres a selective cut in Photoshop. If there is what does it called?

Selective cut = Something from a picture I want to copy

I ask this because I want to copy the aura from this picture, precisely cut.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think what you're looking for is called a Background Eraser. With it, you can cut out the picture and erase everything outside of the aura. You can also use it to cut out everything inside the aura too, obviously.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can use the tool of selec in the areas where you dont like and delete,for the place where you like you can use the tool of erase.(this only for images with low quality)for the other images with more quality use lasso Tool, Polygonal Lasso Tool or the Magic Wand Tool should do.i will try find some tutorial about this(in english becouse i am Spanish) for help you.
sorry english

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd take forever to cut that out perfectly because it's transparent in places, so the final thing would look incredibly weird. Probably wouldn't even be worth it at that point.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd take forever to cut that out perfectly because it's transparent in places, so the final thing would look incredibly weird. Probably wouldn't even be worth it at that point.
I'd pretty much agree with Delta, there's no way you can make it look good.
You'd be better off grabbing nice brushes and trying to create an aura effect yourself.

Best answers
An easier thing to do is brush a line with a circle brush, and start smudging it with a distorted brush.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
press Q and use quick mask. Or just get a background layer, duplicate and erase around the picture, its pretty low quality anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom