Help pls

Best answers
Can any1 tell how can i play this new esf openbeta final without steam? PLS pls i really want to play the game
Thanx

Best answers

I don't think you're going to find much help here on this forum. Playing the 1.3 Open Beta requires Steam and a valid Half Life 1 CD Key.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No chance there kid.

While 1.2 was still made based on a Half Life version that wasnt totally boudnd to STEAM letting you playthe game without the need of STEAM (you still had to battle bugs though) the 1.3 version is baded totally on a Half Life version that is on STEAM only.

Basically said. If you dont use STEAM, then your half life cant handle ESF cause the STEAM version go updated so much where the old WON version died ^^

Best answers
oky

Thanx il just wait until they make a new version for pc only (without steam).
Dam this game is nyc i really want to play it but ya il rather wait

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhh, the game is for PC only... But you can't play without Steam. You'll never be able to.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Spunky's right King. Current releases and final releases will be for Steam only. Any attempts to getting it to work on non-steam versions, you shall fail. Buy the game, don't be lazy.

Best answers

Rather than reiterating, let's get to the bottom of this:

Why can't you just download Steam (www.steampowered.com) and play Half Life through that? The only logical assumption that can be made, based on the ease of acquiring Steam and the fact that it's free, is that you don't have a valid CD-key for Half Life 1. If that's the case, I'm sure you can make ten dollars somehow if you're as anxious to play as it sounds. If you do, in fact, have a valid Half Life 1 CD-key, then just download Steam and play through that.

Aside from those routes, I doubt that you'll ever find an updated version that exists outside of Steam.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You cant find a version of Half Life thats updated enough to run 1.3 without STEAM.

The last non-STEAM half life version you can get is 1.1.1.0 where the STEAM version is 1.2.0.0 Those patches are available only through the STEAM autoupdate feature. You cant get then outside of STEAM and thats why you cant use 1.3 with out STEAM.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But its like they say, hl1 is not expensive, i mean 10 dollars (7 €) bought from steam, and you dont even have to wait for the game to get to your home, it gets automaticly registered and ready to play.

The same I DONT think about HL2, i think they should low their prices a bit, the game has 5 years already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom