help pls abaut a esf dediactated server

Force Pit Member
Best answers
is i open a server on dedicated server of esf how do i set me as admin

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am pretty sure if your computer is dedicated server then you are already the admin. I could be wrong though so don't take my word for it yet.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I am pretty sure if your computer is dedicated server then you are already the admin. I could be wrong though so don't take my word for it yet.
I don't have much experience with dedicated servers because i never created my own one. But, i think if you create a dedicated server. That you have total access to it outside the game, but i am not really sure about it. plus you got access with rcon if you have set the rcon of course. If you have installed AMX Mod / X, then its rather easy to get yourself access. :)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
no i started a dediacated server i have all the access on the dedicated server tool but ingame i have no access to admin stuff

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What exactly do you mean by "admin stuff?"

Set an RCON password, then enter it when your client is connected, and you'll have access to all of the "normal" console commands that you could enter to change the way the game runs. This is the only way the dedicated server can "know" you're the admin of your server. Aside from that, joining a server hosted on another machine behind your network will treat you no differently. You'll just be another regular client, albeit one with around 10 ping. If you're thinking of commands like slapping, burying, turning people into chickens, rolling dice, or slaying an entire team, those are the kinds of actions you need third-party server-side mods for. AdminMod and AMX/AMXX mod are the most popular. All of these mods and their plugins make use of Metamod.

Read this for more information about Metamod, and this for information on certain mods.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's the difference between dedicated and a normal server, don't call me stupid for asking, I'm still young.
Oh, adn as you can see I can't help you, sorry.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A dedicated server is when you have one machine... well, dedicated to hosting the game. It's not used to play the game from. You have a command prompt where you can enter commands, and that's all there is.

There isn't really a normal server, but I assume people would call a listen server such. A listen server may be what you're more used to, when you simply create a game from the ingame ESF menu. You create the game, you're in it as the host, and when you leave the game, the server shuts down.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
how do i set the rcon password for setting me a sadmin just wriite in the console
like for example
and how do i use admnimod the amxx plugin/?

Best answers
humm ...

u have dedicated server and listen server

dedicated server

a dedicated server is a standalone server, running in background on a computer (with some tools or winnt services knowledge u can run it as an NT service) and it let internet or lan or both gamers connect and play on (depends of your config files)

if u want to play on your own dedicated server, then u can just install a new copy of the game in another folder , run the client and connect to your own dedicated one .. u will need a strong computer to do that :no: , but u can

the other way is to run a dedicated server on a computer , then install and play your game from another one ... this is THE BEST solution

if u quit, then the dedicated server stay of course and let the other players continue the game without you .. :laff:

listenserver

that's basically running your game , then create a local server ... so u can let people from lan or internet join your client to play with u (depends of config files or options u specify when u create it) ... if u quit the listen server it's gone and all other players are disconnected too ;(

just my 2 cents with my poor english ... o_o

i'm sure someone have best definitions ...

Best answers
liad said:
how do i set the rcon password for setting me a sadmin just wriite in the console
like for example
and how do i use admnimod the amxx plugin/?

if u use AmxMODX .. u have to deal with esf\addons\amxmodx\config\users.ini , it's well self-explained in the file ... just add your steamId or your IP or nickname ... then restart your server ...

the other way is to set an RCON password in your \esf\server.cfg , "set rcon_password mypass" then after server restart or map change (it reads the server.cfg file) .. launch your client, connect to your server, open your console and type "rcon_password mypass" , u should see a message telling u , that u are authenticated ...

see => rcon commands
see => more about rcon

using metamod+AmxMODX if the best way and the more simple way i've ever found to admin a server (any kind) , that's my experienced opinion , and i run NS, DoD and Esf steam dedicated servers... :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CeNTuRY please do not double post. I see you know how to edit your posts, so please do so if you've got more to add, and no one else has posted yet. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom