help please?

ste

Best answers
i downloaded the 1.2.3 patch for HL2 files, but when i try to install it into my steam hl2 files it wont let me, what can i do

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You won't be installing ESF into your HL2 folder - ESF is a HL1 mod.

Do you have HL1? If you do, make sure you've run it once before you try installing ESF. And you went straight to the patch? Do you have ESF installed already? You need to be a little more clear.

ste

Best answers
ok ill make it more cleaer, sorry
i have downloaded patch 1.2.3 but not actualy ESF World, BUT, but says "download HL2 files" so i did, that what i mean, hl2 files but i cant install it in my hl2 files to put it onto steam
this is the link for the hl2 files
http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/Earth_Special_Forces_V123_Full_Installer;38840
also, when i try and download ESF World, it goes to that page where it counts down in German, then when it's finished counting down i click on the word HEIR(which i think means here) to download it, it just stays on that page, then says it's been timed out.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The name of the site is HL2 Files, but the particular file you're downloading (the ESF 1.2.3 full installer) is a HL1 file. Go figure, I didn't design the website.

It does mention this under the download link:
Earth Special Forces is for Half-Life 1, and will NOT work on half-life 2 or the source versions of half-life
So, I have to ask most of my questions again. =E
Do you have HL1 installed on Steam? If you do, then install ESF to your HL1 folder (\Steam\SteamApps\youremail@address\half-life). If you don't, then you need to get it.

ste

Best answers
o_O, i think i remember buying it, brb i just check
ye i got it, its orange on the front, i believe there's like 4 different 1's, is this the right 1?

ste

Best answers
ok if you're still tryna help dragondude me out thx,
ive installed half-life1 and run it through once, but it didnt install it onto steam???

ste

Best answers
please help me, i really wana play this game.

ste

Best answers
OMG PLEASE HLEP ME!!! 26 VIEWS AND ONLY 1 GUY HAS ATTEMPTED TO HELP ME!!!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woah woah woah woah! Calm down little buddy, bumping your thread isn't going to get you responses faster, just get you in trouble.

Now all you do is register your HL1 CD key under Steam (I believe there's a button near where you buy new packages, "register a product I already own," something like that) and it'll install HL1 to your Steam. Then just install ESF to your Steam copy of HL1, and you're good to go.

ste

Best answers
peemeegee thx alot man, i was just getti nabit annoyed becaues i had to go about for abit to go to my dads to hlep out at the house and i just wanted to try it out before i went because i didnt know how long i was gona be there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom