Help me PLEASE!

Best answers
hello. well i've managed to successfully install ESF and everything, but when I try to play, there's this message that pops up saying:
Unable to load Engine.dll.

That is my only problem at this point. What should I do about it? Please and thank you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you using Steam?
Did you install Half-Life 1 properly on Steam?
Have you installed any ESF Mods (like EVM)?
Are you using the latest version of ESF (beta 1.2.3)?

Best answers
I have everything, however i didn't install half life on steam. Is that the problem or is there more to it?

thank you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you can't play it online without Steam.

You will need to install Steam, then input your Half-Life 1 key code in Steam. After that, you can download the Half-Life 1 program files that ESF needs. When you've done that, you should install ESF in your Steam's Half-Life directory.

Only Half-Life 1 will work, not Half-Life: Source.

Best answers
Guys,

my cd key doesn't want to work. Is there any way i can get another one other than buying another half life? Or can i find unused Half Life cd keys on the internet? thank you so kindly for your time.

Best answers
If you have a legit copy of Half-Life then contact Steam and see if they can help you.

If you don't have a legit copy, then you're out of luck, and need to buy Halflife.

And in addition to what Kaination said above, a warez CD key will not work.

Best answers
I appreciate your help guys. I found my cd key, but when i tried registring it to steam, i get a message saying that i can't play half life cause of other people on the server or something. Should I just play the waiting game?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Other people on the server? Waiting game? Did you just recently install Steam? If so then you need to wait for Steam to update.

Best answers
do you know exactly how long that'll take? Is there a certain time rate? last question i promise (for today). thank you

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on your internet connection. It only took me a couple of minutes for Steam to fully update and I have a DSL connection.

Best answers
I have dsl as well so all i have to do is wait until they'll ask me to update my steam all right thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom