Help me make a console decision please

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Disclaimer: I do not want people bickering about which is 'better' i want facts about each console from an unbiased source for each console. As I know only so much about each.

Should I get the Wii, PS3, or Xbox360.

Here's what I know, please correct me if I'm mistaken.

The Wii: It's unique, user friendly, SSBB will come out for it eventually, mario galaxy, as well as trauma center are on it. As well as Budokai 3. However, as big a fanboy of Nintendo as I am (and I am) it seems like it doesn't have a lot of the games I love and want to play, such as assassin's creed. I'm just not sure if $250 is worth the couple of good games out for it. However the fact that I can purchase and play older games like Super Mario 3, and Starfox 64 is a big plus for me.

PS3: It plays most other video games, that the xbox does except a select few (not sure what those select few are though). And it plays Blu-ray. Has games like assassins creed and metalgear solid etc. It's also backwards compatable which is awesome, 3 generations of video games can be played on this system, which means more games to choose from, which is always fun.

xbox360: It's cheaper than the ps3. And if it is backward compatible, I can't warrant it as a reason to buy it because I don't know what good games came out for the xbox.

Help :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If money is not a concern i'd go with a ps3, it started out as crap but it's getting better and better.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
If money is not a concern i'd go with a ps3, it started out as crap but it's getting better and better.
Yeah I shold have mentioned money at this time is of no concern. Also please explain why it's getting better and better. i've been in the dark about most consoles as i've been playing on my pc a lot lately

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well they kinda started to make better games and such because they gained a better understanding of the system + the 360 kinda still has the red rings and such >_> And dont tell me that im being a fanboy, i initially wanted a 360 :p and kinda told everyone to get one, but as time passed, i've learned that the ps3 is gonna be awesome in 2008.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you want a console that'll be totally awesome straight off the bat get the xbox, if you feel you can stick at it and settle with a small medicore title range until the big boys get released and eventually surpass the xbox in fun, go for the PS3. the choice is yours!

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PS3: backwards compatable which is awesome, 3 generations of video games can be played on this system, which means more games to choose from, which is always fun.
This.
Also, online is free so games with multiplayer is awesome.
First day I got my PS3 I was getting owned online with Armored Core 4, I was actually having a lot of fun using my desktop drive to transfer movies onto my PS3's hard drive.

I heard people get bored of their wii's after a few weeks.
I heard 360 users have to replace their games from their defective units.
And pay for their online service.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
If you want a console that's just ****ting out good software left and right, get the 360, alot of good stuff on it.

Then later on move your way up to the wii for the once in a while balls to the wall awesome titles nintendo comes out with.

The only exclusive you're really going to miss out htis way is MGS4

Oh, and $50 a year for xbox live...is that really so bad?
Also the wii can be a good getaway and relaxing, I just love its presentation, even though it's the weakest of all 3, just the main menu feels the most "modern" out of all of them, the check mii out channel is also pretty.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well my little brother has the wii, but i don't really use it because he can't take care of his **** at all (he's 9). And my sister is using it to IM her friends all day long so I never get a chance to play it, plus he plays ocarina of time when he's not playing 007. which are both GCN games =/.

The only games that are for the wii i'd want so far is brawl.

The xbox seems to have a lot of great games, with awesome visuals and controls, i've been seeing some stuff on gamespot and a lot of their games are very high rated.

the ps3 still stands in there simply because of the fact that it's backwards compatible and i've never played any psx or ps2 games. And I'm sure there has to be a few out there that are a lot of fun.

So far i'm leaning toward the xbox, simply because it's multiplayer, gameplay and visuals seem to be better from what i've been seeing so far.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It comes down to games, and the 360 has more games that I like. PS3 is catching up, but it's not there yet.

I haven't touched my Wii for a long while now... No pun intended.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
despite all the things that have gone wrong with mine, i say 360.

you get good games, right now without having to wait, XBL is ****ing amazing, and well if anything does go wrong (and it will) at least the xbox tech guys are hands down the best customer support ive ever had to deal with, even the ones that barely speak English are better than the sony guys >_>.

ps3 does have mgs4 though =(, but thats about it really. (for me anyways)

wii seems amazingly fun at first, but that stops........ fast.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you guys just don't have the same interests as I do.

I still play my Wii very often. I recently bought Super Mario Galaxy and have been loving the hell out of it. I also got Metroid Prime 3 and recently completed that, it was ****ing balls awesome. Then Brawl's coming this year, which will be insane to the highest degree. I agree that there are a lot of crap games on the system, but that's what you get when you've got the best-selling console. Look at the PS2, it sold insane numbers and that got a lot of crap on it too. It's just what happens on popular systems.

My opinion is that, if you want sweet HD gaming, get a 360. Its only infrastructure is super sweet and there are a lot of great XBLA games out that you can't get anywhere else. The Xbox community can be juvenile, but it depends on what games you're playing. When you're playing Halo you're a lot more likely to encounter some 'tards than when playing a card game like Uno.

PS3 I can't really say anything about because I don't own one, so I'll not judge it. I agree that it's getting better, but I can't say to what degree.

Get a Wii if you enjoy Nintendo games and enjoy playing games with your family. Even if you don't play together now, the Wii may change that. It has for me. I play Wii Sports and Wii Play with my family fairly regularly and it's a very enjoyable experience. Get a 360 if you want a great online system, lots of freaking sweet games and sweet HD graphics.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
360 if you want good stuff NOW.
If you want a Wii, just go outside and play whatever sport you can conceive of for Real.
PS3 if you want an investment in case anything really good comes out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhm, well Ass a Wiifanboy i would have told you now, Get the Wii.
But i wont because the WII simply doesnt has enough games as there are some games on wishlist. Also there are rarly advertisments for Wii games.

In the otherpoint of view if you have patience, wait for several games comming out for the Wii. Now a good game will come out, Super smash bros brawl. Dragonballz plays better on the wii for sure. Zelda:Twiligt princess is pure ownage. Wii sports completly fun to with friends as alone. Mario galaxy is fun ,too i heard.

There are a few games but not that much as for XBOX360, wich is actually a nice concsole. Not sure about the ps3 though. It costs alot as the games dont look smexy to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wii - I personally wouldn't expect to use your Wii much if you have it solely for single player. If you want the most out of it you'll need party games, controllers.. and friends. I have a Wii and I hardly use it. Decent pricing, but don't expect anything truly next-gen graphics wise.

PS3 - Well, I appreciate what it can do technically, there's just not a lot of exclusive stuff for it out now. Maybe in the near future, but I wouldn't expect a lot of games that won't come out on 360 as well. One perk it has might be the Blu Ray player, but it's my opinion that if you want one of those, you should just buy one. Too bad it's so expensive, I feel like Sony is trying too hard to get the thing to sell with the recent pricedrop.

360 - A lot to see here, both single player and multiplayer. You have Live, which is arguably one of the best online services available, along with plenty of ways to use your system for more than just playing games. The strongest line-up of the moment as well, along with plenty of excellent upcoming titles. Pricetag is quite decent if you look at what it provides you with. My console of choice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do you even want to get an console? I mean, a mac or pc hardware has a huge variety of games, and you don't need to buy a new console every 5 years (computer parts even earlier for that matter, but everyone has money for that, right? :) ).

Well, anyway :

-Xbox 360 : Many games, usually good graphics, and is overall pretty nice.
I have one myself, but don't play with it almost at all, except for mass effect right now ( not even that, because of WoW..... :S )
Also, Metal Gear Solid 4 to ps3 is about to come on x360 too ( confirmed by news, decided to release for 360, even when they pulled the decision back ).
I also hate it how they changed the original big controller to a smaller one instead.

-Playstation 3 : Much like the xbox 360 in the interface, is getting edge on console market now. There might not be as many games, but the table's are about to turn, and who knows, maybe ps3 will be the winner of this gen.
Ps3 also has the best hardware and graphics, so in the future, we will be having some of the best graphics we've seen.
I also prefer the classic dualshock looking controller the most. It fits in the hand better than any of the 3, and you master the control more superior.

-Wii : Wii is fun with other people playing with you. Otherwise it's a boring toy, which has childish games with candy-like graphics, yay. Wiimote may be innovative, but the hardware itself is outdated and it can't be called "next or current-gen". Seriously, who else wants to play mario other than 10 or les of age?
Controller : It's pretty nice too. You can also attach it in to many "gadgets", like the racing wheel, zapper, guitar hero's guitar controller. Many of varieties for playing style, i like that.

------

Well, as the choice is yours, i'd recomend you to build a pc from parts. To get it near a decent or high-end, it's about 1300-1500 ( not including monitors or anything ). I don't know about you, but i prefer way more to use mouse and keyboard instead of a controller pad.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another nintendo fanboy offering pro wii advice.

Basically as been said its the weakest in terms of gfx and in terms of the amount of solid games available. What you can expect however is a very unique gaming experience, a lot of the titles take great advantage of the wii controls (after aiming the bow in twilight princess you'll wonder how you ever did it with an analog stick)

Anyway with a list of good games coming your way soon, and at least a handful of solid titles already out that'll keep you busy for a long time to come, I'd go for the wii, and like Barney said, some of the multiplayer options are awesome, wii sports with a couple of mates and a case of beer is all sorts of fun, not to mention what you can get up to in Mario&Sonic Olympics.

Last thing, if you are set on getting something else I'd pick the 360. Some of the games out there are pure awesome, and combine with xbox live you can play a lot of them online with mates. (I'm very close to buying a 360 myself just cause all my mates are playing halo online and they dont stop raving about how awesome it is.)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
My only beef with the 360 is the hardware problems everyone is apparently havingt. I mean, I've seen nuttzy's posts and that's the only thing turning me off. And although money is really no issue at the moment, I really don't want to go out, spend 300 for a console, and another 150 on games only to have them ruined because it scratches them or I get the red ring of death. I thought they fixed those but maybe i was wrong?

Have there been confirmed problems with the ps3? Are there any games you can ONLY play on the 360 that you can't on the ps3? Other then msg4?

2 games I KNOW i want are assassin's creed and (eventually) The force unleashed. As well as some fighter pilot games and racing games. First person shooters I can just play on my pc.

I know that they ruined spiderman 3 on the wii. And completely changed it around from the ps3 and xbox version. Which turns me off, because I know the force unleashed is also coming out for the wii. But I don't want it to be crap. I'd like the most out of my system. So, right now I'm leaning toward PS3. Unless I'm garanteed an xbox that won't **** up D:

Thanks for the opinions so far. I'm still undecided though =/

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unless I'm garanteed an xbox that won't **** up
not gonna happen

one thing i think i forgot to mention, is that this is the 2nd time ive had to send mine back =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom