Help me buy a Deep Fryer.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I've been using a pan filled with oil to deep fry for years, and it's ok, but it splashes abit and it can be a pain, some stuff gets blackened slightly, or cooking times are hard to measure due to no temp gauge or something, plus trying to space stuff is a pain in the stainless steel pan I use. Some stuff just doesn't cook evenly.

So I figured I could get one of those ones...you know, you plug into the wall, maybe? What are good ones to get? What is the right amount of money to spend? I love making fried chicken & cutting my own french fries, but it can make cooking take a long time due to using a pan, if I'm making batches for 3-4 people.

Stuck between:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Presto-Dual-Profry-Deep-Fryer/3946734?findingMethod=rr

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-12-Cup-Deep-Fryer/14320898

The top one looks nice and can fry two at once, which is nice.

The bottom one though, I hear, gets hotter, to 375, while the Presto one only hits 340, and 375 is important for frying lots of stuff. Also, cheaper.

Thoughts?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a deep fryer and it's pretty awesome. You have to be careful that you don't go crazy and ruin your health, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm not sure if I'd buy either of those. I'd choose the two basket one if I had to choose. The one basket one looks like it might be small, and the two basket one, well, I'd rather one basket that's maybe a bit smaller than those two. Both of them are probably fine though, and you'd probably be happy with either of 'em.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well then, what do you have? I'm open to suggestions, as I said.

and yeah, I've been deep frying for years, maybe once every other week, I don't think it's that bad.

It's way to much effort to do it often. Cutting the chicken up, cutting the fat out, preparing the batter, soaking it, cutting the potatoes ect. So it's a once in awhile thing, figure this could make it easier.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The two basket one is one we had a while back. It worked great. The baskets are steady and not cheaply made. Though this is a bias review. I have never liked Hamilton Beach products too much.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well then, what do you have? I'm open to suggestions, as I said.

and yeah, I've been deep frying for years, maybe once every other week, I don't think it's that bad.

It's way to much effort to do it often. Cutting the chicken up, cutting the fat out, preparing the batter, soaking it, cutting the potatoes ect. So it's a once in awhile thing, figure this could make it easier.
I do the same thing, I make that maybe once every other week. Anyway, my thought with the two basket one was how many pieces of chicken would fit on there at once. I'm able to fit about 3 pieces of mine, I was thinking you might only be able to fit 2 with the smaller baskets. Not really a big deal, but had the same thought with the smaller one.

My deep fryer is pretty old at this point, I don't even know what it's called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom