HELP! It says I need a valid cd key! But I already have one!

Best answers
Well. It started when I was about to change from Team Battle to Free fighting, and when I hosted I got an error message saying -"Your cd key is invalid. You need a valid Half Life cd key to play."

And every time when I try to host now, I get the same message, even though I already have a cd key.

I already have tried several others.

Help?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That last bit you said there makes me think you were caught with a false CD-Key that was working for a short period of time.

Anyway there's not much we can do about your CD-Key problem. If it says invalid and you are using the CD-Key you got when you bought the game, take it up with the people over at Steam.

Best answers
Ah man. Thats alot of work. Haven't this occured before you mean?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First tell me this. Were you using a legit CD-Key? Legit and valid are not always the same. So when I ask 'legit', I'm asking if you bought the game, and are using the CD-Key you got from that purchase.

Answer honestly and we can proceed further.

Best answers
Ehm. Well.

No, not actually. But shouldn't it work anyway? I mean, there are lots who has NOT bought the game. So esf doesn't work for them?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No it doesn't.

Steam busted you, you will have to actually buy the game now.

Once you get a legit CD-Key you can play ESF to your hearts content.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, it would be a lot easier to answer questions if people admitted to not having a legit cdkey, since this causes basically 99% of the problems.

Best answers
Hey, I confessed!

And by the way, some mysterious force is at hand, cause I just finished a round on Esf. It works again!
Praise the lord.
Thanks for the wonderful game byt he way, love you guys.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, kay, whatever then. If your CD-Key craps out again remember you probably need to buy the game at one point or another.

- Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom