Help I Keep Crashing!!

Best answers
when ever i start or go into a game the screen is covered with the screen i was just at. now normally it goes away when i press esc and resume game but now every time i do this my computer crashes and it says i have a serious error, and it is quite the piss off :\ cause it happens everytime. so if anyone knows how to fix this then can u please tell me so i can onece again get back to playin the best mod out there. thanks :D

Best answers
Umm... Post your system specs and are you using OpenGl video mode? I dont know if theres any thing to fix the game starting ones but the second problem should be fixable.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that's an HL bug ... it's not fixable for the ESF coders/ team
it occurs when you're running in OpenGL and you've got a -console in your shortcut ... I just live with it ... because it doesn't crash for me
maybe you should try to make a shortcut which creates immediatly a server ... then this doesn't occur
it's your point from now on ;)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
also you could replace -console with -dev in your shortcut :]

Best answers
well i am running open gl and it shouldnt be anything with the computer cause i ran previous versions and everything was fine. and i tried changing -console to -dev and my computer ****ed up hardcore and it went to this blue screen (not the blue screen of death though), and it said saving system dataand i had to do a hard reboot cause nothing else worked. but when i created my own game it went in but it was realy slow and all that was happening was the screen jumping up and down and i had no character to move or anything like that. one again this is a big piss off

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me said:
also you could replace -console with -dev in your shortcut :]
he's a liar ;)
-console means console
-dev means developer
with dev you see some things which are neccessary for the developers ... there's no need for seeing them

as I said ... you need a shortcut which creates a server, instead of sending you to the menu ... look for the ESFTool from Zack ... I think it can help you

Best answers
i tried this to and it didnt work
please if anyone know how to fix this please help me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom