help from females plz... warning, nudity and large pics...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Click me for a mahoosive pic

well, these are the "base" sketches for a character im designing.. so the two on the left are the model refs, for modeling her, the tow on the right, are work in progress poses. i figured i should draw her naked as it will help me suss out the female form, and how damn hard it is to draw compared to male (maybe cos im male?). anyway, its an elf type character, and you should ignore the head, cos its more of a placeholder for size, im gonna be doing a closeup sketch of her head later...

Best answers
hm, the ref you draw seems a bit masculine. i guess i am right, if you want to make the opposite. thin forms and a wider heap defines "females", dont make the shoulders "wide". dont shape the muscules this much. sry, im not capable of making a drawover, so just, imagine an "elve" and do the necessary changes ;)

the right sketch looks good so far, take it as a guideline

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG Boobies :p I'm no female but I can say from experience that she has man arms. Try sloping the neck into the shoulders a bit more, round the shoulders and make them a bit less broad. Also the muscles below and above the elbow look a bit too pronounced and bulgy. Take off the detail on them and slim them a bit and see how that looks.

Meh, I had some notes on the head but then I re-read your first post and saw you said not to, I learned my lesson from your Sephiroth thread :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont worry about the head, im more than sorted on that (apparently). and i noticed the arms too, thanks, ill post updates later :)

here we go, a glimps of what i do when im not just sketching... ill probably CG it later...

Best answers
Hrm, weird sheet. Man features elf on the left, normalish ones on the right. Well, time to throw crits all over you D:

Big thing you must not do on chicks is define muscles with solid lineart, makes em look manish, lines are reserved for hard edges. Hips are always wider than shoulders, curves curves curves. Your neck is like, way too overly defined, but i wont comment on the head as you said... blah etc. Also it looks like you didnt follow your skeletal setup on the 3rd picture along. If you matched em up better (and i don't mean moving the skeletal setup, hahar) it'd be a better picture.

Thats all for now, tea is done

Best answers
The one on the right looks womanly.. but the one on the left looks like a tranny.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well looks very nice... erm can't really say what to improve, except the painted one, its allmost like its an old woman.

But hey, its still a wip, so I hold my mouth.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nova-San said:
The one on the right looks womanly.. but the one on the left looks like a tranny.

for gods sake, im not even looking for people to tell me it looks nice, but please, SAY SOMETHING THATS ****ING USEFUL!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ignore them :S

Something to remember (which you probably did) is that men have more angular jawlines and women have more defined cheekbones. Maybe if you made the cheekbone areas shaded a little lighter and/or smoothed the jawline. That could be why the one on the right looks more feminine.

It's coming along well though :yes: first modelling then skinning then this, I hate you people with your talents :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
for gods sake, im not even looking for people to tell me it looks nice, but please, SAY SOMETHING THATS ****ING USEFUL!
stfu dude, u ask for ****in crits and we are telling you that it looks like a ****ing man. Either take the crits, fix it, and stop calling us idiots, or get the **** out. What I think is... start over, it sucks.

peace and love-
Dan

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mhh the face looks nice and such but like danage said...

Tis a man...a man with red lips = a *** man.

But its all cool... :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your problem is you're defining her facial structure like a males. You have to be subtle in the way you define features on a female.

The only example i coudl think of is an old skin i started.

like this i know you've seen it :p but look at how everything's defined. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dan16 said:
stfu dude, u ask for ****in crits and we are telling you that it looks like a ****ing man. Either take the crits, fix it, and stop calling us idiots, or get the **** out. What I think is... start over, it sucks.

peace and love-
Dan

the point is, that it wasnt a crit dumbass, a crit is saying "she looks like a man, maybe if you did "X" then it would look better", just saying it looks like a tranny is pretty insulting, and if you cant see that then its no wonder your models all look like ****, cos your listening to the wrong advice >_>

get a clue.

updates coming soon :) i smoothed out a lot of her features.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
the point is, that it wasnt a crit dumbass, a crit is saying "she looks like a man, maybe if you did "X" then it would look better", just saying it looks like a tranny is pretty insulting, and if you cant see that then its no wonder your models all look like ****, cos your listening to the wrong advice >_>

get a clue.

updates coming soon :) i smoothed out a lot of her features.
1. I didnt say It looked like a tranny
2. My models dont look like ****
3. You bash people who try to help you all the time
4. Ur drawing still looks manly (the sparkles wont help); and i did crit, i said, "maybe you should start over" ROFL, good advice, eh?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hahaha that one isnt even my picture you dumbass! Teknik did that as a skin for a model....

and i dont bash anyone who tries to help me, in fact, id like you to show me when i have.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gir, try using less angular lines on the face, the sharper the angle, the more you are reminded of masculine features. Further, try thining the neck. Unless she is intended to be beefy and muscular like Chyna or Zap, she should have neck lines that do not meet up to her jaws. The lines should have a delicate outward curve towards the bottom. The body in the upper drawings, especially those to the right, have great curves. Maybe you should try looking in a girls eyes, rather than at her shapely ass once in a while :p

Dan, if you are going to antagonize Gir any further, I'm going to ruin your relationship with the board software. Simple concept, you've made your nearly useless crit, now go away.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ow cuc you know me too well....

in fact the problem is that i spend too much time looking at their eyes, and not enough at the rest of their face... but like i said, im working on it, and your crit helps a lot, ill give it a try :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gir? You say that its insulting when someone says your model looks like a tranny?

Well i think its insulting when you flame them.Please stop thinking your soo kewl. Your just a selfish guy.. ok?

As for crits... I agree with Cucumba on this one...

I cant really find why it looks like a man.. But mayby just take that angry look away.

I think the skin is ok... prolly better than i could do. But the drawing isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom