Help! compiling error!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i'm making my newest map, then when I compile this error comes up, i've never seen it before, please help me!
Imageshack is a bish nowadays, so here's just what stood in the .log file:

Error: ReadSurfs (Line 1): 158 > g_numplanes

Oh and in another thread you guys talked about null textures, in my compiler, should I DISABLE or ENABLE the "null stripping" or something like that, or does that have nothing to do with it?

EDIT:

okay, now I don't get that error anymore, I deleted alot of brushes that could've been the cause, but now while it's compiling when it reaches the end of textures compiling section(forgot proper name), then that windows error message comes up where you can send or not send an error report.

They say it's something to do with hl.bsp, do any of you guys have a hl.bsp that I can please get for now, oh and where is hl.bsp supposed to be located?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, that's what I use. ;)

I deleted those stupid brushes that caused the problems, NOW whenever I compile it goes perfectly, BUT it doesn't compile the lighting, so it compiles the map in like 10 seconds, and the map doesn't work then, I checked if I had a environment light, and I do, now I don't know what to do.

And one of the times, then they said couldn't allocate mymapname.prt, but I think that's fixed now.

So please again help.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any errors that hammer can find?

Also BRP files are maps >.> So hoiw can that have anything to do with anything O.O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, it's BSP, anyways, I checked hammer for problems....nothing, and this is the first time this happens, it's just, it doesn't compile RAD, and I tried with VIS too, same problem, I must have probably accidentally changed or configured something somewhere, I'll go have a look.

Maybe it's because the lack of entities, I only have one of each type that I need, testing purposes...o.0

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
Lol, it's BSP, anyways, I checked hammer for problems....nothing, and this is the first time this happens, it's just, it doesn't compile RAD, and I tried with VIS too, same problem, I must have probably accidentally changed or configured something somewhere, I'll go have a look.

Maybe it's because the lack of entities, I only have one of each type that I need, testing purposes...o.0
If that means the spown entities than no it cant have problems for havging 1 spown entity >.>

BTW what entities are you testing?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, I meant that I used the normal entities, player_deathmatch, etc, but I only added 1 of each and not 5 or so as I am meant to....BUT

LMAO, I found the problem, I just misplaced my light.rad file, ROFL

Sorry for taking your time like this, but my map works, YAY!

Descritpion:
A map with 3d clouds ontop(Covers whole sky about), with light shining through where there's a gap in the clouds, a High tower in middle of the map, cliffs around map, except for one side, where there's a beach, and you can go into the tower.

EDIT:

screenie:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom