Help bypassing work censorware?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, we've got a filter here at work, and it's irritating me. I've deduced that it is St Bernard iPrism. I've found a program, psiphon, that is supposedly able to bypass it, but installing stuff on these computers might not be entirely appreciated by the IT dept... do any of you know how I can get around this?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, we've got a filter here at work, and it's irritating me. I've deduced that it is St Bernard iPrism. I've found a program, psiphon, that is supposedly able to bypass it, but installing stuff on these computers might not be entirely appreciated by the IT dept... do any of you know how I can get around this?
You can probably use a proxy website, though I don't know of any off the top of my head nor do I think I'm allowed to mention any.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can probably use a proxy website, though I don't know of any off the top of my head nor do I think I'm allowed to mention any.
Every proxy I've tried has been blocked. I've tried Google translating, and Alta Vista translating (which, interestingly enough, has been blocked since I first tried it), but a third one will translate simple pages, like forums. No luck, however, with Gmail or Facebook.

Best answers
Every proxy I've tried has been blocked. I've tried Google translating, and Alta Vista translating (which, interestingly enough, has been blocked since I first tried it), but a third one will translate simple pages, like forums. No luck, however, with Gmail or Facebook.
Too bad, looks like your actually going to have to sit there and do the job the company's paying you to do.

What is your job BTW?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too bad, looks like your actually going to have to sit there and do the job the company's paying you to do.

What is your job BTW?
I'm on an engineering work term for the summer at a company called CEDA Reactor. I'm a lab tech, and when I'm not in the lab (it's been slow) I'm updating MSDS forms and making copies for the cleaning trucks.

For the record, I do do my work, just that I'd like to be able to browse more than a limited portion of the internet while I'm on break. It lets me onto ESF, but Gmail is blocked, the WoW forums are blocked, Ultimate-Guitar is blocked, and Facebook, of course, is blocked. Not having access isn't really what bothers me though (as I already have Opera on my phone) it's the fact that they think I can't be trusted to do what I'm being paid to do that bothers me. I've taken it upon myself to find a way to work around it, to undermine the efforts of their mistrust.

Besides, people who are going to screw around on the internet all day will find something else to waste time with, so it's pointless anyway.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm on an engineering work term for the summer at a company called CEDA Reactor. I'm a lab tech, and when I'm not in the lab (it's been slow) I'm updating MSDS forms and making copies for the cleaning trucks.

For the record, I do do my work, just that I'd like to be able to browse more than a limited portion of the internet while I'm on break. It lets me onto ESF, but Gmail is blocked, the WoW forums are blocked, Ultimate-Guitar is blocked, and Facebook, of course, is blocked. Not having access isn't really what bothers me though (as I already have Opera on my phone) it's the fact that they think I can't be trusted to do what I'm being paid to do that bothers me. I've taken it upon myself to find a way to work around it, to undermine the efforts of their mistrust.

Besides, people who are going to screw around on the internet all day will find something else to waste time with, so it's pointless anyway.
I don't know if this method works, but find out the IP address of the website and just copy/paste it into the address bar. From my understanding, this bypasses most internet blockers.

Best answers

I Loled at that...anyway I'll reply again later if I find a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom