Help A Noobie Out with Install Problems

Best answers
I Just got 1.2.3 version and i have halflife installed but everytime i try to do a LAN match with bots everytime i click create game it pops up with a half life window saying
"could not load from library C:/SIERRA/Half-Life/esf/cl_dlls/client.dll" can anyone help me i used to play a long time ago and i had the same problem but i cant remember what i did if neone could help id greatly appreciate it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're not using Steam. Download Steam and put the CD-Key on your Half-Life 1 case into Steam. :)

Best answers
But i remember i didnt need steam to get it running last time i played

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Back in the old days it was possible to play it without steam. But to play it legally without any kind of trouble or issues you should be using steam. We prefer not to support pirate users :).

Best answers
well that makes sense that how long ago i used to play so after im done updating steam what do i do oh im using wireless btw and it sux so its gonna take awhile

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Once you launched steam go to the "games" tab and click "activate a product on steam". See if you can enable your half-life key through steam first.

Best answers
kk ive updated my steam now it wont take my cd key and its authentic, i also have a question if i downloaded 1.2 would it be posible to play it without steam or if i downloaded an older version

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Doesn't matter if you are using an older version, it would still be piracy now and for that we cannot help you, sorry. Are you sure the key you are using on steam is from your own Half-Life case?

Best answers
ya , and one more question i only play esf offline do i still need steam for offline play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom