Hellsing Ultimate OVA VI

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I always have, I'm making an orgasm thread for the newest Hellsing OVA. It's out and subbed, and it's amazing. I was expecting it to be great, but I'm actually blown away by it. When I heard Madhouse was taking over for Satelight for OVA V, I was skeptical they could do as good of a job or better. They did well on OVA V, but this one was just amazing.

Thoughts? Criticism? No manga spoilers past where Hellsing Ultimate is at in the story so as not to ruin it for those who don't read manga. The next release will no doubt be one of the best if my memory of the manga serves me well.

I loved the 2D/3D blending in the beginning where the Crusaders are all kneeling before Maxwell. It was so smooth and felt natural. Same goes for Seras destroying the blimp and the landmine scenes. Amazingly detailed. Not just the visuals, the sound made me glad to have these great speakers.

Not often do I get truly excited for anime, but Hellsing is one of my oldest favorite mangas. I don't care how long they take as long as they do it right. If they can hurry while they're at it, so much the better.

Sigh, back to waiting...

Best answers
Haven't seen it yet, didn't even know it was out.

Will edit this with my thought's once I've seen it.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have to agree. By far the best I've seen up until now.

I loved Anderson slicing up that nazi at the beginning, bloody and beautiful.

Very well executed. These guys are amazing animators.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The next release will no doubt be one of the best if my memory of the manga serves me well.
I'm starting to miss Alucard on the battlefield, and I'm a bit skeptical if they'll be able to fit the crusader+vampire+anderson+walter+wolfman+seras+zorrin battle scenes. After all, that's what the next manga is all about, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: sorry bout the double post, must've hit the quote button instead of edit.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just watched it again, secondary thoughts:

The credits are awesome, they felt like The Watchmen Motion Comics which I loved. The credits made it seem like they were almost apologetic for leaving out some stuff from the manga (I'm guessing so there wouldn't be any awkward runtimes for the OVAs, understandable).

Hirano Kouta seems like a pretty knowledgeable dude judging from the minuscule detail he put into Hellsing and all of the research he must have done.

Like the scene with the vampires hopping on the knives they used to probe the minefield, that was brilliant.

Little things like that always excite me. Anime can get so bland and unintelligent, it's refreshing when something comes along that portrays subjects you're familiar with and not just people swinging giant ass swords at each other in every episode. Hellsing was so carefully written and drawn, it didn't feel rushed like every other manga I've ever read (aside from Berserk I guess).

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably worth a bump for these. I watched it again today out of boredom, taking snapshots as I went through.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom