hello =)

Best answers
hello im new to this but i have been looking at ESF for some time only problem is, is that i cant get it to run,

I have a copy of half life 1 the thing that confuses me is, is what path i should install half life 1 to and what path i should install ESF to, i have recived help from others but i dont know what im doing wrong i have steam too but normally when i install HL1 and ESF, ESF doesnt appear in my games list on steam so i dont know if im useing the right path can any1 help me out?

Thank you for your time,

Noob.

Best answers
First you need to buy Half-life. Then Input your half-life cd-key and download HL trough Steam,start HL once before installing ESF ,enter training room and walk around for 5 seconds. Now install ESF to Steam/steamapps/youraccount/half-life. Restart Steam. ESF should now appear in your games list.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NooBSaibot said:
hello im new to this but i have been looking at ESF for some time only problem is, is that i cant get it to run,

I have a copy of half life 1 the thing that confuses me is, is what path i should install half life 1 to and what path i should install ESF to, i have recived help from others but i dont know what im doing wrong i have steam too but normally when i install HL1 and ESF, ESF doesnt appear in my games list on steam so i dont know if im useing the right path can any1 help me out?

Thank you for your time,

Noob.
Welcome to the ESF forums.

You don't have to install Half-Life if you have Steam. Start up Steam > Click on "Games" > Click on "Activate a product on Steam..." > Click next > Read through the "STEAM™ SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT" and check "I agree with the terms of the Steam Subscriber Agreement" > Click next > Enter the Half-Life Cd-Key.

ESF should pick up Half-Life and automatically have it set to be installed in it's location. The thing is that you have to run Half-Life at least once in order to install ESF.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam will automatically download Half-Life after you input the Cd-Key. Also make sure that once Half-Life has been downloaded that it's up-to-date (Steam automatically updates games if you have automatic updates on).

Best answers
hmmm :/ well i tryed but appently the cd key is being used in an excisiting account im guessing the only way to get around tht is buy another copy?

Best answers
NooBSaibot said:
hmmm :/ well i tryed but appently the cd key is being used in an excisiting account im guessing the only way to get around tht is buy another copy?
Don't double post ,edit button . Did you gave your cd-key? Probably if your cd key is already in use on another account that means you have to buy another copy of half-life. Try asking on the Steam Forum> They might give you more answers

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If that's an issue then just buy half-life again over steam which is $9.95 (depending by currency price may differ, my mate paid $15 AUD for it off steam). Follow the steps Punishing has posted after you have setup half-life through steam and your'e all set to play esf ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom