Hell may have just frozen over...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...because I just graduated from college. Just finished up what *should* be the last of my coursework for Japanese. So in the end, I'm getting a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Asian Languages and Literatures (Japanese focus, media and literature sub plan). Now if I don't get into the JET program, I've no idea what I'm going to do, but hey, at least I now hold two degrees. Now let's hope they don't turn into several thousand dollars of nice paper ;P

-Karrde-

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congrats and good luck on your future endeavors.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congrats, Karrde!

I, too, will be getting a B. Sc., soon enough (just one more year!). I was deliberating between getting a three-year general B. Sc., major in Biological Sciences, or a B. Sc. Honours in Microbiology. Either way, I'll obtain the degree and, God willing, head on to Med School.

Congrats on the dual degrees, though. I'm not sure I'd be able to split my focus like that and still pull off a decent GPA, so I tip my hat to you, sir!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it takes 6 years to do it ;P

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
it takes 6 years to do it ;P
I should have figured that >_<

...then replace "be able to split my focus" with "be able to keep my sanity" :p

Though I'll know the burn of a lengthy post-secondary education, as it'll take a total of 7 years to get "M.D." after my name. I just finished year 2 >_>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congratulations! 6 years of extra school =/, and a Japanese Language major? I have been told that it is very difficult to learn Japanese as a second language.

After-Party at Karrde's!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congratulations, Karrde. 6 years is quite an achievement. I'm currently struggling through the end of my first.

As a twin Japanese/Biology degree holder, I reccomend you combine the two by looking at asian swimsuit models. However if you want to make some money, you could always teach English and/or Biology in Japan. My step-sister does that (the English part) and makes enough to live over there comfortably while supporting her family. Take a day off first though =P

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See, I am not that intelligent, as you guys can tell. Well I should say, I do not try hard enough to excel like you guys. I know I could have learnt that stuff if I tried way back in Jr. High, but I wanted the easy way out and thus I pay the price. Congrats on getting the degree. I'd go for Computer Mechanic or Computer Enginering if you got the two degree that you mentioned.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Biology + Japanese (like I said in that one thread) = evil island of biological weapons with Japenese technicians/gaurds.

Your typical anime plot should unfold. :)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
Biology + Japanese (like I said in that one thread) = evil island of biological weapons with Japenese technicians/gaurds.

Your typical anime plot should unfold. :)
I'm not sure Karrde will be making biological weapons on a B. Sc. =P
Besides, I thought Karrde's focus was on Zoology o_O

If you're talkin' chemicals, that'd need Chemistry. I have yet to find someone who's actually interested enough in Chemistry to stick with it long enough to get a Master's or a PhD, heh.

After re-reading your initial post, Karrde, I see that you're looking to apply for JET. That's neat! My bro, before making career changes, was aimed in that same direction. His buddy also applied recently, but I believe he was turned down (he's lived in Japan and speaks the language, but his education history is... lack-lustre). I wish you all of the best with your application - I've heard that the body that selects the teachers for JET can be pretty picky!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
He can create mutant animals that can kill on his command.

What is JET anyways?
JET = Japanese English Teaching (I believe). Basically, you assist in teaching English to students in Japan, as I believe they are required to learn it in school.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.....That is so freaking leet. Damnit, I would have gotten done with my first year of Japanese if I never broke my neck. I could have been on my 3rd year if I didn't **** up. NOOOOOOO!!!!! I don't get to see super hot asian babes.... NOOOOOO!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most excellent, Karrde. Congratulations! o/

Best answers
Well, congrats Karrde, good luck on becoming.... uhh... whatever you want to become. :p

I hope I will be able to make it 6-8 years, like I plan on doing. (getting a PhD in Meteorology)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
I hope I will be able to make it 6-8 years, like I plan on doing. (getting a PhD in Meteorology)
You should write a thesis on why people get paid to guess when it's going to rain, and then be wrong half the time.

Grats Karrde.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
everytime you spoke about your JET program i sorta got the idea you were into aircraft engineering... the effects of ignorance heh. Good luck in the future teaching Japanese students english or American students Japanese =)

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congratz Karrde!

So, what are you gonna do next? ^^ there must be something you'r thinking about.

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
You should write a thesis on why people get paid to guess when it's going to rain, and then be wrong half the time.
Its an educated guess, man. Yeah, they are wrong sometimes, but it is harder than you think to estimate when a storm will hit... Pressure cells slow down or move sometimes, same for air fronts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom