Hell Gate:London

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It better not be, this is one of the titles I'm looking forward to. I'd really hate if some hacking gooch would delay it..

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The leaked source code wasn't the reason why HL2 was delayed... if that's what you're getting at.

The reason it was delayed is because they grossly underestimated the date they would be finished.

It made the perfect scapegoat; everybody was raged at Anon for sure. =p

Best answers
The idea of the game is great, it's just the design that I don't like.
All those lasers and slime guns.
Would have prefered either modern like guns or like flintlock kind of stuff.
But slime and plasma? meh.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt` said:
The leaked source code wasn't the reason why HL2 was delayed... if that's what you're getting at.

The reason it was delayed is because they grossly underestimated the date they would be finished.

It made the perfect scapegoat; everybody was raged at Anon for sure. =p
Heh, never realised that. ^_^

NinjApe said:
The idea of the game is great, it's just the design that I don't like.
All those lasers and slime guns.
Would have prefered either modern like guns or like flintlock kind of stuff.
But slime and plasma? meh.
Would ordinary guns do a lot of damage versus some bastages from hell ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with him, gritty bullets, grenades and knives would've better suited a dark game like this set in London. Still, I like the look of it, i'll probably pick it up.

Does anyone know if it's set in an accurate recreation of London (ala The Getaway), or just a 'London-themed' map?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I know it's accurate London though quite damaged.

In my opinion, such weapons don't go well with swords and almost medievil armour.

Best answers
Cold Steel said:
Would ordinary guns do a lot of damage versus some bastages from hell ?

Yeah, why wouldn't they? High velocity metal is some heavy sh*t.
Plus you could have stuff like silver bullets and blessed bullets. Guns with big crosses on them.
OOo or like the guns that Alucard has in the anime hellsing, that would be cool ^^.

would love to see some hell beast survive a full blast to the head with this beauty ^^'.

Cold Steel said:
In my opinion, such weapons don't go well with swords and almost medievil armour.
And you think the guns they have now do? >.>
All super colorful and laserish.

But yeah other than that it looks pretty wicked.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the armour resembles medievil influences but mostly advanced technology, and therefor the futuristic guns go better with the armours then Arucards modified monster. Just check out the trailers to see what I mean.

I just checked out the homepage of hellgate london, and it seems there will be regular guns as well that can be modified ;p So I guess everyone will be happy :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hellgate comes from a comic, I think. That's probably why it is the way it is. I'm pretty sure it has some source material it's staying true to. I remember reading about it somewhere.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I've read a manga will be published, starting when the game is released. So I doubt it there already is a comic. I could be wrong though.

Best answers
Well hellgate london was Shown at GC but The info/video's of it were put up as bonuses for insiders etc, so when i go to bed tonight i might put it up on upload, the dam thing is 231 megs, but it is supposly suppose to blow me away, ill find out soon and let you guys know if it is worth uploading.

If i was to upload this i would waste my time, i downloaded the highest res version with HD, and it still looks like shiznit, i dunno what they did to this game but it looks butchered.

The graphics look like they were toned down extremly bad, lets hope it was a 360 version, aside from that the guns are a joke, it seems every gun she used had the ability to make a nuclear explosion, and even so the shockwave gave no physics to anything at all including the enemies, when she froze something it looked horrible, the weapon effects in general were just sad.

Then it got to the melee combat, something i was highly looking forward to in this title, hah! This was a even bigger joke, there was a pause after every melee move, each weapon had the same moves, even the dual blades had the same moves, which consisted of, a side slash, a forward slash, a jump slash, or a overhead slash, and still the enemies had no reaction to the hits, to top it off i did enjoy the fact that the bodies stayed for a bit on screen, but other then that, i think unless they improve this alot i will cross it off my gotta get lists.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, thanks for the update, but let's try not to revive old threads in the process.

Shame. I was looking forward to this one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom