Heh church to sue sony? Over resistance?!

Do you like this idea

• Yeah its good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it sucks

• I dont know (dont care)

• i dont like this but i like your momma

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty absurd and pointless if you ask me.

Best answers
I wonder if they ever win cases against these game companies and have games removed.

I can honestly see a judge siding with the church, especially if she/he is religious and personally dislikes the idea of violence in 'Gods house'

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Church of England should be sued for still existing.

This is like trying to ban the movie Independence Day because the White House gets destroyed. Big effing deal. It's FICTION. There are ALIENS.

Oh well.

Best answers
The truly comical thing is, if this goes through that alot of games or movies for that matter will have to get official permission to use certain spots, i mean jeez can you imagine if they did a wide scale build of a new spider man game and had to have permission for central park, the empire state building etc?

I might sound heartless but the part with the woman talking about she is a victim of a shot son made me giggle, cause right after that they showed the scene with the aliens underfire, i was like was he shot by aliens?!

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Let's face it, Sony will settle as quietly as possible. Because the PR guys are considering the headlines "SONY VS GOD" and they just aren't liking it..

It's ridiculous, of course, but this sort of stuff is exactly what Sony doesn't need right now. Personally, I think the Church would be better served supporting the families of gun crime victims rather than hiring lawyers and filing suits.. but that's just me.

Best answers
I hope Sony win's this for once, I'd actually pay to help support them

Think of it this way

How many deaths the church has caused? Millions E.g Witch hunts during early Europe

How many Deaths has computer games caused? hundred's E.g Virgina tech, combine shooting's

Exactly my ****ing point, I hate the church of England

@Engar: I think that the priest's in question are far too busy abusing children across the world and getting away with it, causing the torment and suffering of children which have done nothing wrong other then fellow God's teachings

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How many Deaths has computer games caused? hundred's E.g Virgina tech, combine shooting's
i dont ever recall a head line reading "sonic declares war!!" in a gaming magazine. seeing as video games have neither a conscience nor a pulse they cannot cause deaths.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was an infant who died because his parents ignored him/her over an MMO.

And a couple people have tried to kill themself playing MMOs too long.

Also, that guy who killed his friend over some epic sword.

The key note here, two of these were Korean/Chinese grinder MMOs, and the other was WoW.

I wonder why Jack Thompson isn't attacking Blizzard. I guess there aren't enough headshots.
-

As far as this church suing Sony... like any body suing anyone... THEY ARE "PRAYING" FOR A WEALTHY SETTLEMENT.

Best answers
Ermm the computer games didn't cause the person or people to die, poor judgement did, nothing ingame influences you to do bad things, stupidity does that.

We have had enough slander on games over the years about them causing violence and or death, we don't need anymore lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ermm the computer games didn't cause the person or people to die, poor judgement did, nothing ingame influences you to do bad things, stupidity does that.

We have had enough slander on games over the years about them causing violence and or death, we don't need anymore lol.
This man speaks the truth. Games do NOT kill anyone. It's people's own poor judgement and I for one can't stand the fact that suddenly (I'm looking at you, Mr. Thompson) every gamer is a highly professional killer who trained to kill people by playing Doom. Stop generalizing goddamnit - of course, there's always the occasional sociopath who on an random afternoon snaps and decides to start a killing spree, but come on.. I seriously wish I could make a difference on this topic, it gets me so worked up. Sigh.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"we know there's gun violence problems in manchester, we don't need a game about it"

did you even play the game you stupid *****?

not to mention, since when do you need permission to create a likeness to a public place?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm...I'm on the fence on this one...one one hand, I think a Church is hardly the place to be displaying or advertising or whatever-the-****-ing a game like GTA or whatever it was. On the other hand I don't think it's worth suing over.

*THIS NEXT STATEMENT IS INTENDED FOR THOSE UNDER THE CHRISTIAN FAITH*

Really, I have to agree (even being a Christian) that the establishment of the Church is nutzoid. All this sectarian bull**** just pisses me off. We don't need falsely elected prophets to God like the Pope or Cardinals or whatever; people chose those people as "religious leaders", NOT God. Their position and hieracrhy is a farse. The Pope is no holier than the man who scrubs his marble toilet seat; the Roman Catholic Church just CLAIMS him to be. They make up pointless and untrue virtues and rules for the Christian community to follow, and as a result we have people like my next door neighbors: Catholics, who go to Church and strictly believe that you are rewarded in heaven for good deeds you do in life. Not true in the least. The only requirement to be heaven-bound is to truly BELIEVE that God is the Father, and that Jesus is the Son of God who gave his life for our sins.

So many people are blinded by these simple facts and are fooled by the Christian establishment, rather than the strict word of God and God alone.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, well this is getting a bit more religous than it needs to.

We all realize there is the allure of Sony settling, and this church benefiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom