Discuss.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm surprised people just create posts with a game name, without mentioning anything about the game. For what Console it is (or PC), What the game is about, how the game looks (screenshots).. Just making a post with the game is just "awesome game" isn't very informative for the thread reader >_>. Really, you can't expect always people to be familiar with the game o_O. I never even heard of the game to start with. I'd like to know what's so awesome about it.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tried the demo, want to buy it soon. I already know the ending though T_T

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm surprised people just create posts with a game name, without mentioning anything about the game. For what Console it is (or PC), What the game is about, how the game looks (screenshots).. Just making a post with the game is just "awesome game" isn't very informative for the thread reader >_>. Really, you can't expect always people to be familiar with the game o_O. I never even heard of the game to start with. I'd like to know what's so awesome about it.
Reinforced.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm surprised people just create posts with a game name, without mentioning anything about the game. For what Console it is (or PC), What the game is about, how the game looks (screenshots).. Just making a post with the game is just "awesome game" isn't very informative for the thread reader >_>. Really, you can't expect always people to be familiar with the game o_O. I never even heard of the game to start with. I'd like to know what's so awesome about
it.
You, sir, are lying! http://forum.esforces.com/threads/77053-Heavy-Rain-demo-out-on-PSN.?highlight=heavy+rain

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know, I kind of expected people to know one of the most anticipated titles of this quarter, with its innovative gameplay and a strong narrative not usually seen in games, but okay.

[video=youtube;XFPu0zNjT4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFPu0zNjT4A&feature=related[/video]

Director David Cage stated that Heavy Rain is "a very dark film noir thriller with mature themes", without any supernatural elements, about a serial killer named the Origami Killer, and that "the real message" is about how far you're willing to go to save someone you love.
"Heavy Rain is about normal people who have landed in extraordinary situations. I wanted a much more personal story. The first thing that came to my mind, as a father of two little boys, was that the main theme should simply be a father's love for his son. This is not a game about saving the princess or the world. Its purely about a father's love. The main story will revolve around four different characters, and we're putting the spotlight on their perceptions. The question 'what is good and what is evil' is the key here, that will be just a matter of viewpoint...I believe heavily in moral choices, I'm going to use them A LOT. They're not about being good or bad, but about finding the right balance."
It's also possibly one of the best looking games I have ever seen;

If you have a PS3 and enjoy dark, mature games (seriously, there is nudity, child murder and molestation, mutilation and CSI-like investigations of crime scenes), get this game. It's really really good.

Last edited:
The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know, I kind of expected people to know one of the most anticipated titles of this quarter, with its innovative gameplay and a strong narrative not usually seen in games, but okay.
If it's only for the PS3, I'm sure there are plenty of people who haven't heard of it and couldn't care less. I, for instance, am one of them. It could be the risen Jesus of video games, but if it's not on a platform I own (or ever plan to purchase), I'm not going to follow it.

Having said that, I've noticed this game getting a lot of positive press following its release, and I'm sure I'll look into it if there's ever a PC port.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
this game is like those movies where the perfect family got a problem, then their son gets missing and they start a crazy search for the boy?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's.. a little more complicated than that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You follow 4 different people in this game. One FBI detective, one private detective, one father who's son has been killed...and this fourth woman I know nothing about personally, but hey, she shows her boobs in the game, so who cares? So it is a tad more complicated than just a simple "Oh noes, I lost my son! Let's go on a journey to find him!"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only game you can really compare it to is Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. Silent Hill is a horror/action game genre. While Heavy Rain is better described as Psychological/Emotional thriller. It's is nothing like Silent Hill, because the fog, the horror-ish theme and the entire supernatural part IS what makes Silent Hill, Silent Hill. This game is more about emotional bonding with the characters through a series of events where you as a player make certain game-changing choices, in Silent Hill you just try to find out what the **** is going on.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was preaty much a super mega super game dude Loved it

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
It sure looks nice.. Maybe it will be worth a try ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really enjoy games like this. If I get a PS3, I'll probably get this game. Fahrenheit was awesome. If this is anything like that, I'll love it.

Edit:

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, they messed up something when it turned first of March. Should be fixed later in the night though. Some games still work, as long as you don't need the playstation store for them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's the thing, Sony claimed it's PSN problems but I haven't been connected to PSN in years. ;D

Hope it's fixed soon. I want to start my third playthrough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom