Heavy Rain demo out on PSN.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, who played the demo? I thought it was a pretty awesome game, very cinematic-ish. Plays somewhat like Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit but in its own way. The only thing I can't get used to is the old school Resident Evil-like walking controls. R2 + Analog stick to walk just feels awkward.

I for one am definitely getting this game though.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
So, who played the demo? I thought it was a pretty awesome game, very cinematic-ish. Plays somewhat like Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit but in its own way. The only thing I can't get used to is the old school Resident Evil-like walking controls. R2 + Analog stick to walk just feels awkward.

I for one am definitely getting this game though.
Is the game related to this?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it's just in the same vein as indigo prophecy/farenheight. Only as I get it, without the game getting fsking weird/bizzare/non-sensical/lame. You'll get used to the controls I think. I picked them up after a bit. And it's not like you need to react really quickly with walking or anything, since it's like being the director of a movie rather than playing a third person action game. I got the demo early through their 4 days promotion or w/e it was called (cheated and just looked up the answer). It's everything I wanted it to be. It's going to be like a movie with a huge number of paths, variations on scenes (how a fight plays out exactly, what evidence is found, etc). My first play through is going to be without going back and changing anything. If a character dies, I'm not going to go back and change that outcome. I'm just going to let the story play out. Which says to me that in the end, the Origami Killer is probably going to get away, but I don't care :p The game is so immersive and fun. Not to mention the graphics and cinematics are top notch.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's pretty ****ing sick dawgggggg

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AH I was at work when you posted that so I couldn't see the attachment :p Funny comic. It's not that vague though. Pretty obvious most of the time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved Indigo Prophecy, even with it's random Matrix/DBZ style out of nowhere (the beginning was pretty creepy and I kind of wanted to keep that...But fighting in air is cool too).

I am looking forward to this. It's a very cinematic game and will NOT be for everyone, but while the gameplay of the demo intrigued me, the presentation sometimes threw me off. Sometimes the voice acting was not believable, which could dramatically hurt a game like this. And while it's only a demo, the part when you are talking to the girl in her apartment glitched pretty bad because she would be stuck in one animation and attempt to continue to a new one, but keep switching back and forth. So if she was supposed to be sitting on the bed with me, she would do that and then slide back in to her animation that has her standing in front of a dresser. Still gonna rent it though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Glitches can always happen in demo's, I haven't had the glitch you talk about. The only graphical thing that I didn't like were the facial animations. Especially when that woman was talking to you, at times her lip syncing and facial animations were really static, without emotion.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, the facial animations seemed to be a bit weird, but the voice acting is really solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom