Health System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Okay, this is a fairly old concept of mine that im reviving. I remember saying esf should use the concept of halo2's health system. Many people disagreed with me. Here ill go into detail on how this could be very good for esf.

First off, has anyone played Gears of War? They used this concept as well. In gears of war there is not limit to health, but instead a maximum amount of damage you can take over a period of time.

If you are shot a faint bloody gear appears in the center of the screen, if you continue to take damage the gear fills out becoming more red. When the image completely fills out you die, simply because you took too much damage too fast.

I really believe they should add this to esf but with a slight twist of mine. In my opinion Hp should regenerate at an Increasing rate, but here is the catch, the more damage you take the slower the regeneration will be.

Example:

If i was shot with a ki blasts and lost 3 health, it would regenerate fairly fast, but if I was hit with a kameha and brought down to 40 hp, my hp would regenerate much slower. As my hp increases so would the regeneration rate.

This idea keeps people from running and shooting and running and shooting, becaues they will accomplish nothing.

-This idea provokes people to stay ontop of their enemy going head to head using strategy and speed.

-People may say "Oh! people will just run away then". I say, more often then not New players run any way, this is how they learn the speed of the game and how to manuever their players to stay alive.

-This idea also changes gameplay 4 the better in my opinion. I believe this idea will DECREASE the amount of running instead of INCREASING it, because the best way to kill would to be on the offense.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well sory jinx but all of your ideeas sould be put in an esf addon

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, this is a fairly old concept of mine that im reviving. I remember saying esf should use the concept of halo2's health system. Many people disagreed with me. Here ill go into detail on how this could be very good for esf.

First off, has anyone played Gears of War? They used this concept as well. In gears of war there is not limit to health, but instead a maximum amount of damage you can take over a period of time.

If you are shot a faint bloody gear appears in the center of the screen, if you continue to take damage the gear fills out becoming more red. When the image completely fills out you die, simply because you took too much damage too fast.

I really believe they should add this to esf but with a slight twist of mine. In my opinion Hp should regenerate at an Increasing rate, but here is the catch, the more damage you take the slower the regeneration will be.

Example:

If i was shot with a ki blasts and lost 3 health, it would regenerate fairly fast, but if I was hit with a kameha and brought down to 40 hp, my hp would regenerate much slower. As my hp increases so would the regeneration rate.

This idea keeps people from running and shooting and running and shooting, becaues they will accomplish nothing.

-This idea provokes people to stay ontop of their enemy going head to head using strategy and speed.

-People may say "Oh! people will just run away then". I say, more often then not New players run any way, this is how they learn the speed of the game and how to manuever their players to stay alive.

-This idea also changes gameplay 4 the better in my opinion. I believe this idea will DECREASE the amount of running instead of INCREASING it, because the best way to kill would to be on the offense.
You should also state the negatives with implementing this idea rather than just the positives.

As for your suggestion, I don't see how something like this could work with ESF nor fit in with Dragon Ball Z. In Dragon Ball Z, you never saw a character instantly become healed from their damages unless they ate a sensu bean or were healed by someone.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gradual health regeneration would probably work, but not to the point where people get back to full strength from half dead in 15 seconds.

Personally, I think that damage to characters who are equal or nearly equal in power level should do a moderate level of damage, while people with twice the PL of a player get half damage and people half the strength do half the damage. But damage itself should either be significantly lessenned for equals, or health should be vastly increased. I never liked the fact that most fights in ESF last about 30 seconds maximum. Battles would be much more epic and satisfying if you REALLY had to whittle down the opponent; none of this simple melee into the ground, jump gen-beam instant death nonsense. It seems to me that the kind of mortality rate we see in ESF should only exist when it's a vastly powerful opponenet against someone who just entered the game.

It can't be taken TOO far of course, because otherwise you'd have nothing but strong players in a server where newbies can't advance. In which case, maybe PL gain should be upped as well. It takes so long in ESF to get to higher PLs', and most servers don't last long enough to get there.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
*cries*, wellz o.o in the show people didn't die from 1 punch, unless the enemy was SUPER DUPER STRONG, which would mean someone took too much dmg from that one hit..

The idea makes it so , that if you take littl dmg you heal KINDA fast, but if you take alot of damge you heal slowly. Very slow at first, then after while the rate wil be someone fast .

recovering from 10 hp would probably take around 15 to 25 seconds maybe

welz cant blame me 4 tryin T_T

Best answers
:yes: i kinda lyk the idea... heck, its how i got my 'saiyan blood' suggestion :laff:

Gradual health regeneration would probably work, but not to the point where people get back to full strength from half dead in 15 seconds
cudn't it be set to stop at a certain level? :scared:

*cries*, wellz o.o in the show people didn't die from 1 punch, unless the enemy was SUPER DUPER STRONG, which would mean someone took too much dmg from that one hit..
yep, thats true... they still had energy even tho they had the **** beaten out of them...

recovering from 10 hp would probably take around 15 to 25 seconds maybe
NO! that is still too fast...

Best answers
According to "MC", this doesn't fit on dbz but...in dbz they can't do 20000 attacks without gettin tired, and i'm not talking about ki, i'm talkin abour Stamina...that's what sould be reconsidered

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im also against this kind of thing. And especialy against something that lets you hurt yourself and then heal so you can gain PL (Yes im talking about your sayian blood idea Fallen Prince).

ESFs health system will change. But having regeneration in is something i never agreed with. It also wouldnt stop runing. On the other hand nothing probably will stop it. But the fact that playing defensively in ESF gives you a huge advantage is the thing that should be looked at.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Your againt it but why T_T? Gears of war uses it.. itz prolly the # 1 game for the xbox 360

I think you may be looking @ it wrong, o_O

In gears of war, i believe they added it to help show the toughness of all the characters, meaning... You'll never see them playing hide and seek with 2 hp..
they'll either be taking cover when taking too much damage or they'll be pushing up for an tactical postion.

In esf itz kinda similar..

These guys are saiyajins They can take being hit with a car in the face @ 100 miles per hour. They can move faster then a speeding bullet.

When have u ever seen someone play hide n' seek during a fight in dbz? other than Hercules cuz he's EXTREMLY weeek ><

I remember seeing vegeta being super cocky in some episode then, later on he started getting his butt kicked, and got hit with a lot of rock shattering blows, but didn't die o_O Because they werent all back to back.

but all im really saying is.... with the proper hp restoration rate* it would improve gameplay =p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes in the series the good guys allnost never died. BUT this is the game. You have to be able to die. Also in DBZ they didnt run away cause of their pride (and cause it would be pointless since the stronger guy would catch them anyhow).

In ESF people are not bound by anime physics or sayian pride >.> They will run away witz 2 HP and take another shot when fully healed.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx my sugestion it's for you to make your one addon with your ideeas and how likes then sould play find a coder get to work, your ideeas ar good for addons but just for addons esf sould be more standard then to have so many complicatet things

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't mind seeing this in ESF, but regeneration has to be tweaked. I think you should have set levels for your health; If you take enough damage to push you into one of these levels, but it doesn't kill you, you'll regenerate, but only up to the limit of that level.

To discourage runners:
- Regeneration does not occur while swooping
and/or
- Damage is increased while swooping
- Damage does not regenerate in the lowest level
and/or
- Regeneration requires stamina

fear my l337 drawing skillz

Pros:
- It can help stretch out fights, especially between very good players. If you can't rack up combo's and stay on your opponent, you won't kill him
- Noobs are given a bit more leeway in their fighting

Cons:
- System could still encourage people who soak up damage, and then run off somewhere to recharge back up to their level before heading back into the fight
- Pro's may have a higher advantage when playing against noobs because of the regeneration.

Best answers
nice one SA_Gohan.

Pros:
1- It can help stretch out fights, especially between very good players. If you can't rack up combo's and stay on your opponent, you won't kill him
2- Noobs are given a bit more leeway in their fighting

Cons:
1- System could still encourage people who soak up damage, and then run off somewhere to recharge back up to their level before heading back into the fight
2- Pro's may have a higher advantage when playing against noobs because of the regeneration.
Pro's - 1 - fights will always strecht out no matter what the rules. the players fighting get to make that choice whether anyone likes it or not.

pro's - 2 - is ok.

con's - 1 - like pro's 1, doesnt matter how you do it, they will always run.

con's - 2 - pro's will always have the highier advantage, ^_^ thats why there named pro's :p and thats a matter of skill, the regen still applies to both fighter's this is merely a point not a con :)

i still think regen should be done like power up, like i suggested before this add's more tactical adv/dis/timmings into the game, and gives all a recharge, but because of buu's regen, and people flying round the map running to recharge, that shouldnt be changed >)

here was my suggestion made a while ago, it's fine and keep's balance in many ways :) now back to my mmorpg :p esf maybe later ;P

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=69775&page=3

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe only the middle two bars in SA Gohan's art could regenerate... That would stop pros from owning and getting light damage and then heal but would stop people running away on 5hp...

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like i'v said before and again this ideea works only in ESF addons not in ESF

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
K, I think this is a very bad idea.

Why?

Say someone whose been playing esf for a loooong time rolls in. Chances are, they won't die. At all. I mean, you can hit them once while they just pound the **** out of you, then they can quickly go on to next target, and when they're about to die, sit back for what, 20 seconds? and they're at full health.

I say, keep it at health.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I like how your trying to improve the health system, but regeneration doesnt seem like it would be good in esf, because players get stronger over time.

I think all attacks should just do less damage (melee, and Especially Beams). They should be weaker then melee but used for range attacks, not one hit kills. Way unbalanced. Even generic beams and ki attacks do too much damage.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I like how your trying to improve the health system, but regeneration doesnt seem like it would be good in esf, because players get stronger over time.

I think all attacks should just do less damage (melee, and Especially Beams). They should be weaker then melee but used for range attacks and doing little bits of damage, not one hit kills. Way unbalanced. Even generic beams and ki attacks do too much damage. Knock someone into the ground and its pretty much a free kill with those 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom