Headon Fix

Best answers
Ok when two people collide in a head on they both hit eachother and sit there for .5 secs. Then whoever presses Melee again the fastest will get the hit.'

You cannot press it until the 5 secs are up or you will delay time for yourself giving the other person the hit.

Best answers
person with lower ping will have advantage in that. only way to really make it equal is to have both players take same amount of damage in head on collisions

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the guy with the sensu beans will be whoring it up >_<

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why don't they do the matrix hit thing where they get thrown backwards. Damage is dealt acording to pl level because its only fit that buu would kick the crap out of krillin in a head on even though he has it nice and shined up.

Best answers
wells most likes it dun matter caus 1.2 melee if very differnet, but i would like to know what happens in 1.2 melee if 2 people head on.

Best answers
Madd Dog said:
i would like to know what happens in 1.2 melee if 2 people head on.
yeah, like who gets the autopunches in first? i hope it's not another ki-based thing

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Joe has said before that they don't have head ons worked out yet. I would recommend people posting suggestions for it in this thread instead of speculating.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh, I agree with Scorcher 2k on the "thrown back" when there is a Head On. It happened in the series, so why not now? Remeber? Trunks vs Goten in the Tenkaichi Budokai, Majin Vegeta vs Goku, and im sure it happened when Yamcha fought Goku in Dragonball

Best answers
or maybe whoever has the highest velocity wins the head on

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it is ki-based it will not be the person wiht more ki who gets the hit again. That system has already proved to be very flawed and overly supportive of turtling for new and experienced players alike. The truth is no matter what the team decides a lot of you aren't going to like it, because there aren't many factors the team can really go with to make sure it isn't a luck related phenomenon.

Best answers
I don't think that the power struggle will be used in the headon. I mean it's not like that takes any skill.
I think the 2 players should just bounce off of each other a small distance, dealing no damage. That way everyone's happy :D

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
no matter what ill be usin the simple melee cvar.
And I'm sure that's because you've seen the new additions/modifications we've made to the melee sysetm, right ^_^

Anyways, with your original suggestion SSJ Shin Carl, I don't really like it, and it would be extremly unfair to the higher pinged players, even more then the current melee system.

[SSJ]MyStIc - In Beta 1.0-1.1, you have one constant velocity, you don't increase/decrease speed.

With the whole head on system, I'm not too sure yet. I'm kinda busy working on other aspects of the melee system and other features. I'm leaning twords the melee struggle on head on collision though, or maybe like a 20-30% chance of the melee struggle, and a simple event for the other 70-80%.

Best answers
oh yeah, i remeber one of the team giving the details on head ons, they said what happened when there was a head on autopunch/1.1 melee, autopunch/autopunch, 1.1 melee/1.1 melee

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
konstantine77 said:
oh yeah, i remeber one of the team giving the details on head ons, they said what happened when there was a head on autopunch/1.1 melee, autopunch/autopunch, 1.1 melee/1.1 melee
I don't think that was a team member since the whole server uses simple melee or advanced melee... There's no inbetween. Regardless, there's no head on system for beta 1.2 melee yet.

Best answers
I have a good idea. Maybe like scorcher says they both fly back, but none of them take damage. Then they swoop back real fast and do that struggle shown in that pic.

Best answers
hmm,

well pcjoe i thought that in the new melee system you could use autopunching or a regular melee hit, guess i was wrong

Best answers
konstantine77 said:
hmm,

well pcjoe i thought that in the new melee system you could use autopunching or a regular melee hit, guess i was wrong
eveyone gets the melee cvar confused. It's a server cvar only.. and I don't know why anyone in their right mind would wanna use the old melee :smile:

how about, 80% of the time they just rebound off of each other - that way you have to have some skill to actually be able to start the autopunching sequence.

the other 20% of the time i guess you could use the struggle.. although struggles take no skill.. unless you make it ddr style 'whoever-can-press-the-directions-the-quickest-wins-the-struggle' type thing :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom