HD Laptop TV tuner that can handle nextgen consoles?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, looks like I'm doing all my tech type stuff at once ;P I'll keep googling my soul away and maybe I'll find something too. Long story short, my laptop monitor is HD capable but I don't have a TV tuner. Looking for something that's an HD tuner and can take input from a PS3/360/etc. Just turning the forum loose on my issue in hopes one of you guys knows something in this regard.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mean one that's capable of handling the data, nub ;P

*edit*

Oh, and it needs to be PCMIA or whatever, that slot on the side of the lappy/USB.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on what you mean by "handle." I haven't seen any TV-tuners capable of HD that offer pcmia, firewire or USB slots. =\

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
doh, you'd think with HD TV having been around for a few years they'd have had this done years ago.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
doing a quick search, I found this at a local computer shop

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=666617625&vpn=230100090&manufacture=Pinnacle *no pic at the site*

http://www.everythingusb.com/pinnacle_pctv_hd_pro_stick.html

*Note* "For gamers, even though encoding is done on the CPU, there is a small but significant half-second delay, so don't expect to be playing Xbox on the PCTV HD Pro Stick, it's better suited for recording gaming sessions after the video is split off to an actual television and the S-Video port of the tuner"

I think that most similar products will have 1-2 sec delay though.

Ill keep an eye out for anything I may come across.

Best answers
You're not going to find anything that makes playing games fun. It'll all have input lag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom