HBTC and Tree of Might...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, these have been suggested a long time ago but I wanted to revive the idea and change/make better on it.

Hyperbolic Time Chamber:
Ok. Your characters should naturally get 1 ki a second for being in the chamber. If you do the math right, then it doesn't become cheap.

1x60 seconds = 60 ki
60 ki x 60 minutes = 3,600 pl an hour

This barely does anything to the player, help wise but it does keep it true to the show. In the show, you get stronger for every second you stay in. If you want, you could change it to:

5 ki x 60 seconds = 300 ki
300 ki x 60 minutes = 18,000 an hour.

Still doesn't do much for helping out a person, but keeps it true to the show.

Tree of Might:
The Tree of Might should produce fruit. This fruit drops to the ground and the player can pick it up. By eatting this fruit, your character get 15,000 pl added. The fruit would drop ever 10 -15 minutes at a time and the player can only eat one piece of fruit during that time.

So here is the equation:
15,000 pl x 4 per hour ( 60minutes/15 minutes) = 60,000 pl an hour.

This won't help much in a fight but it would keep the map true to the show and would be an awesome little addition.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yep I like it (especialy the tree of might ideea) but the fruits should be like senzu beans :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, cause that can be cheap. You could technically could horde the beans and use them when you want.

My idea is where the character walks over top the fruit and either has an animation of him/her bitting into the fruit and gaining the power, or just walking over top it and gaining the power without the animation.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Ok, these have been suggested a long time ago but I wanted to revive the idea and change/make better on it.

Hyperbolic Time Chamber:
Ok. Your characters should naturally get 1 ki a second for being in the chamber. If you do the math right, then it doesn't become cheap.

1x60 seconds = 60 ki
60 ki x 60 minutes = 3,600 pl an hour

This barely does anything to the player, help wise but it does keep it true to the show. In the show, you get stronger for every second you stay in. If you want, you could change it to:

5 ki x 60 seconds = 300 ki
300 ki x 60 minutes = 18,000 an hour.

Still doesn't do much for helping out a person, but keeps it true to the show.

Tree of Might:
The Tree of Might should produce fruit. This fruit drops to the ground and the player can pick it up. By eatting this fruit, your character get 15,000 pl added. The fruit would drop ever 10 -15 minutes at a time and the player can only eat one piece of fruit during that time.

So here is the equation:
15,000 pl x 4 per hour ( 60minutes/15 minutes) = 60,000 pl an hour.

This won't help much in a fight but it would keep the map true to the show and would be an awesome little addition.
Hyperbolic Time Chamber: You have to account for people who spend hours on a server especially if their on a server which doesn't have plcatchup enabled.

Tree of Might: 15,000? That's a lot. Once again you have that one person who spends hours in a server and you also have that chance that they can be on a server that doesn't have plcatchup enabled. 15,000? That would greatly help a person out in a fight, not to mention make it much easier for them to gain more power so they can transform.

I don't mean to be the Robert Ebert here, but on a more positive note your idea is pretty interesting, it's much like how it was set up in Budokai 2 where certain battle areas have some kind of condition set up such as fighting with no Ki, or your health constantly decreases.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
15,00 isn't much at all. Goku starts at 650,000 and could hit Buu who starts at 1,200,000 and get much more then 15,000 pl.

Also on the subject of spending hours....
HBTC: 3,600 an hour, say for 5 hours... thats 18,000 which still would not do anything to help a person out.

Tree of Might:
60,000 an hour x 5 = 300,000. Yeah that helps someone out, but only makes it easier for someone to get more pl out of him.

Plus, if someone is playing the same map for 5 hours, just to get pl from them, I can guarantee they will not be even a good player at ESF.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea alot.And the PL advantage isnt that Huge.Just like kidman19 explained ^^.
And the 60 KI per second that is barely anything, cause an Char has 10.000 of KI points.

There should be more such "Special" Map possibilitys/events in the FGD.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can see this is balanced. But the question is. Is it realy needed?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well.. no, it isn't. But it is kind of interesting and it's a change from all the other maps who don't really do anything to the gameplay, except maybe add some cover. o:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has Shiyojin pointed out, it adds something different. I've tried to balance it out as much as possible because fairness is a huge concern.

If anyone finds a problem, please post the problem you find and also how you would correct it.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Grega said:
I can see this is balanced. But the question is. Is it realy needed?
Goin with Grega, doesn't really do anything to make it worth putting in.

If I were to change your tree of might idea, every time you eat the fruit, it would give the player alot of strength, but is just temporary and would wear off after a period of time. The fruit can drop more often with this in mind (every 4-5 min?) The player can get a special aura and a bulky model if possible too (like when Turlis ate the fruit) so players in the server know to watch out for him. They might even team up to make it even more interesting.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
here is a idee to balance it :
when you enter first time and yor pl it's low you get huge pl but only up to
2 000 000 or 3 000 000 max after teath you only get normal pl this is just a a fast pl fight

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
here is a idee to balance it :
when you enter first time and yor pl it's low you get huge pl but only up to
2 000 000 or 3 000 000 max after teath you only get normal pl this is just a a fast pl fight
That really doesn't make sense to me John, however from What i can assitain it sounds somewhat unbalanced. You already get higher pl gain if you hit someone stronger then you (atleast by default server settings, and the amount you gain depending whether you are transformed or in normal or have not transed at all yet if your calss has a perm trans).

I like the idea personally, it is a change and I could see it adding an element to a powerstruggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom