Having trouble logining onto steam? Heres why

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Having trouble logging (I know...title, wasnt paying attention -.-) onto steam? here is the reason

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516348

"Steam Is Currently Having Trouble Connecting to the Steam Servers" Error - 15/12/06
There is currently a wide spread power outage in Bellevue/Seattle impacting Steam Server availability. Unfortunately ETA for when the power will be restored is unknown as the power company will only work on restoring it once the storm has eased and the high winds have died down.
I live about 30min away from Vancouver, Canada which is not too far from Seattle, anyway the winds were gusting upwards of 80 km/h. Luckly the power hasnt gone out where I live, but there are numerous power outtage within the city, so I can vouch for them.

Best answers
ohh, that's why.. Thanks for the info SS4 Gogeta :yes:

Mog

Best answers
grr... and I just got round to finally deleting my WON version of Half-Life and ESF, now this happens straight after...

Looks like it might be better to re-install the WON version of Half-Life, and re-install ESF 1.2.3 on that again... stupid Steam.
I play offline and LAN games mostly... I don't know why I HAVE to use Steam; even if it is "free", that is a price not worth changing over for. :S

Altho Steam is "free" you now have advertisements, and once your game is registered on Steam you can't really sell it 2nd-hand to anyone else later.

And then when their servers are down (rare) or my internet connection doesnt work (too often), I then can't even play Half-Life single player, LAN games, ESF against bots, etc...
That's not really a very good deal, but people have been saying you "have to use Steam", and some even say it is "illegal" to play ESF without it... ;/

I shouldn't have listened to those people, ESF worked fine on WON version Half-Life. (so long as you tick the "LAN Game" box in advanced options, or set "sv_lan" to '0'. ;))

Best answers
DAMN!

THTAS WHY THIS STUFF IS RUINING MY FRIDAY NIGHT. MY STEAM WON'T COME ON! GRRRRR!!!! AND YOU CAN THANK THEM ALSO FOR NOT LETTING SV REALEASE HIS GOHAN! Ohhh pwnage :D

Best answers
must be a pretty bad storm for steam to be down :S

Mog

Best answers
woohoo, it's 5:34am here and I really should go to bed soon, ...but Steam IS WORKING NOW!! :D

(so long sleep... maybe another day.)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woohoo, it's 5:34am here and I really should go to bed soon, ...but Steam IS WORKING NOW!! :D

(so long sleep... maybe another day.)
Heh if you want to play oaffline than use STEAM in offline mode.

That way it wont update.

Its easy to do. Exit STEAM without logging out. Than turn off youre connection and run it. It should ask you if you want to run it in offline mode.

Best answers
Actually grega you coudn't even do that like it wouldn't even let me sign in but YES steam is UP! AND A BALLLIN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom