Having Trouble ESF VETERAN

Best answers
I was one of the first guys to play ESF when it came out back in the day back in HL 1. whatever, I used to play Bid for Power too, anyway, I just decided to start playing again, and am now a steam user, I downloaded the 1.2.3 full install, and i can't get it to install, no folder i select is works, any help?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Run Half-Life before you try installing.

Best answers
I already did. I ran HL, it loaded, i quit, still nothing.

UPDATE

wait, do I have to BUY hl1 to use ESF?? cuz i've got HL2 and hl2 only...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, you have to purchase HL1, or an equivalent retail package (like CS retail). HL2 isn't going to work, ESF is a HL1 mod.

You can get HL1 for as low as $15 nowadays, so it isn't much of an investment anymore.

Best answers
hmmmmmmmm who woulda thunk being an old veteran would pay off? i've got like twelve hl 1 discs, but i have no idea where... will esf be made for HL 2 anytime soon?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good, then you shouldn't have to buy anything. Just register your CD key on Steam and you'll be good to go.

The team is (quite fervently, it seems) against working on HL2. I can't say I blame them, though, it means redesigning much of what they've spent time working on. So, I highly doubt you'll see ESF on HL2.

Best answers
Unless the team allows another group to do an ESF for half-life 2 (with permission of course to use that title)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom