Has insomnia hit you?

nge

Best answers
So, it's 4:05 AM and I'm finding myself unable to sleep again. I am a mild insomniac, and find myself in this sort've situation more often than I'd like.

But, that's not the point of this thread, merely just to explain what I am getting at.

So, be it due to insomnia or other reasons, what's the longest you've stayed awake without even a second of sleep inbetween?

Currently, my record as I so "fondly" call it is 75 hours. It's pretty miserable, but I managed to have a bit of fun inbetween.

Please, don't turn this thread into a "I BET I SLEPT LESS THAN YOU" fest. I'm just curious, as the mind tends to wander during the wee hours of the night/morning.

While keeping this friendly and not getting all uptight or whatnot about who can sleep less, what is currently the longest amount of time you've been awake?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I used to have a bad drug habit, I would try everything, including meth, which kept me up for a week at one point.

When you think you've turned the TV on, and your friends tell you it's a blank screen, time to lay off.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sleeping is very bad for your health, I should know, it's started organ failure in me. Now I'm on a breathing machine at night and I'm taking a load of medicine to keep my blood pressure down. I used to stay up untill the sun rose every day, and fall asleep for at best 2 to 4 hours.

Best answers
About 48 hours. Funny you should make this thread today, NGE. Im experiancing the same thing, tonight... Got 2 hours of sleep, feel miserable. Insomnia, everybody!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ouch Cuc, thanks for the warning >_>... i find it hard to sleep sometimes, but im always tired... its weird... anyways... longest ive been awake for is just a little over 2 days, cant remember exactly, i was tired =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never had insomnia.

I'm not sure what causes it, but I have a bunch of friends who 'suffer' from insomnia, and my theory is that it is actually caused by staying up too late. This in turn has your body adjust to the new wake/sleep rhytm, which in turn causes insomnia.

I only rarely stay up very late (late being around 4 AM or whatever), which might explain why I've never had insomnia.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I did the same thing. Just i didn't for 1 day. And i felt asleep at school almost, i couldn't keep myself awake.

Best answers
Actually, I just got over a case of sleep deprevation. I got it from doing schoolwork, weight lifting, and staying up late. It may not sound like it would cause it, but those were the causes.

And its kinda funny, I had trouble sleeping also. Kind of a quincidence that nge, wolf devil and I had trouble sleeping last night.

Oh yeah, my record for staying up late is 26 hours.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My "record" is about 65 hours. We were having a biiig party...
I sometimes can't fall asleep , but that's because I have a nap in the aftrenoon if I stayed up very long.
Most of the time I go to bed at midnight or 1 am.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most i've ever gone without sleep was about 3 days. Summer with 2 full time jobs wasn't easy at the time.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
About 36 hours. I love sleep way too much to go without it for too long.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did a 'stay awake for 50 hour' thing for child abuse awareness in first year university.

Best answers
I love sleep o_O
Latest I've ever stayed up is 23 hours I believe.

Best answers
2 days is the longest I've gone without sleep.

I too 'suffer' from insomnia at times. I had it real bad in high school. Missed a week because of it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suffer from insomnia whenever I return to school after a vacation. The weekend counts as vacation for me <_<. But yeah, I've been up for 47 hours and 19 minutes. I have school tomorrow. Whats pissing me off is Im not even tired, but I know I need to sleep. Im going to take 30 sleeping pills and see what happens o.0.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One day and a half I think. At that point I fell asleep on the couch the moment I closed my eyes. After that I slept for 20+ hours. Whenever I miss out on sleep, I automatically catch up, wether I like it or not. (missed a lot of school because of it :])

Best answers
I've gone 6 days with out a drop of sleep. and had to work 3 of those days.

I generally get 2-6 hours of sleep, and once a week I will usually sleep for about 16 hours or so.

If I have something important on my mind I dont sleep.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive forced myself to stay awake for 30 hours to reset my clock after the Christmas break, but other than that, I like sleep too much to go about missing it. When I was younger, it was hard to get to sleep some times, but I guess I grew out of that and can now sleep easily.

Good luck getting some sleep, nge. As for me, I just overslept through my 7:20 alarm and woke up at 2:30 in the afternoon. See, if I dont get enough sleep, my body basically forces the sleep on me. So much for that math lab I had...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd never last 50, no matter what x.x The only time I get insomnia is when I'm trying to fix a borked sleep schedule. It sucks. You just sorta lie there for hours doing nothing. But it's better than staying up. Even if you can't sleep, just lying there for hours will be restful. Just not as good as sleep.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Longest Ive stayed up was three days... It was summer, while I was visiting my family and friends in Israel, and it ended up that for three days we'd get back to my place, and watch tv/movies/play Tekken/solve notpr0n.com for the night, then through out the day go to the beach/friends house/clubs, then go back to my house and do the same thing.. Jesus Christ, we all pretty much ****ing fainted on the 3rd night. It was one hell of a sleep, though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom