Harmony of Dissonance

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anybody here familiar with the latest istallment of Castlevania (for GBA, again)? It is HoD (Harmony of Dissonance), at least thats what it is gonna be called in North America. (Concerto of Midnight Sun is the name in Japan, I think).

It is supposed to be better than CotM in every way except the music. It won't be as hard to see as CotM because Konami never had the full design specs for the GBA when CotM was made. Now that they know about the specs for the LCD on the GBA, you areactually gonna be able to see the game without losing your retina.

I know it probably will never beat SotN, but still, check it out (IGN has stuff on it: http://pocket.ign.com). I know you may find this interesting, Chimp. :)

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Okay..to answer your question..

Of COURSE I've heard of harmony!
I knew about it months ago, back when it was still a rumoured game in Japan..let alone the States.

The Japanese title is White Night Concerto or Concerto of Midnight Sun......they both mean the same thing....anyway, the main character is bears the surname Belmont.....finally.
Yeah, Alucard rocked...but it IS nice to be playing as a guy who bears the name Belmont again....Juste Belmont.
Juste's basic weapon is, of course, the Vampire Killer whip. Juste can find several stones that, when equipped, can give the whip special powers, elemental properties, or just simply more power. He can also do the whip wiggle a la Simon Belmont in Super Castlevania IV by holding down the attack button.

Also, as far as I know, Dracula isn't the main villain this time around...not the first time they've done this, either.
There's a whole bunch of stuff...too much to put here, really.
But..the game is nice and bright and it sounds like it'll be a blast...like all Castlevania games.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Chimpbot
Also, as far as I know, Dracula isn't the main villain this time around...not the first time they've done this, either.
Which other game(s) did they do this in? I know, it is a pretty big question, there are at least 8 or 9 of them in North America alone, plus all of the Japanese ones....

Banned
Banned
Best answers
I know there was a few that had the dark priest Shaft.....although those might have had Dracula in them, too..
I can't remember, I've never been able to play all of castlevania games..there's just so many of them spread around on so many systems..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom