Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In honor for one of the greatest leaders in American History! (and a day off of course =P). Without Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., other civil right leaders, and their followers, me and many other African Americans would probably still be forced to sit in the back of the bus.

I also watched the newest Boondocks, which put Dr. King in a what-if situation if he was only put into a coma when he was shot and awoke out of it in present day. Though the episode was hilarious, I was highly intrigued on how they portrayed King's view of the black community today, and I truly think if he were alive today, though thrilled for the current equality for blacks, he would be appalled of the current image we (that is, the young black generation)have in society and it's about time we did something to better it.

So..What are you going to do with the day off? And how do you feel about King's work?

I do not know how this holiday applies to countries outside the U.S and I declare the whole forum racist if this thread does not exceed 2 pages >=(
I also declare anyone who didn't know I was kidding an idiot =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
I do not know how this holiday applies to countries outside the U.S and I declare the whole forum racist if this thread does not exceed 2 pages >=(
Hahaha, as far as I know it's not a holiday in the UK despite our multiculturalism. Anyway, this is my contribution to your request, happy Dr. King Jr Day =)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When we look at modern man, we have to face the fact, that modern man suffers from a kind of poverty of the spirit. Which stands in glaring contrast, to his scientific and technological abundance. We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the sea like fish, but yet we havent learned to walk the earth as brothers and sisters.

o/ I salute you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, I watched the Boondocks MLK episode too, good episode. I really enjoyed it, the president of 2020 at the end was good too, and honestly wouldn't be surprised if it happend.

[cough] governator [/cough]

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. DAY!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A man of vision. A man of integrity. A man of Honor. A man of courage.

A man I can and do admire. A hero for all. All men and women are created equal. It is the greed of those in power that set us apart. That divides us. Remember that always. The workings of our republic must be taken from the hands of the special interest groups and back to the people.

But enough of my rant on the Social deficiencies of our people.

Happy Birthday Reverend King. May you live on forever in our hearts, our minds, and our souls.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
All banks are closed today... great...

I don't have college today anyways so I don't care about this holiday this year. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:

Happy King Day!

(Wait, am I thinking of a different holiday..?)

Happy MLK day!
tee hee...happy Milk day....dur hur.....

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Darn. We dont have a MLK day either. We do have a hundred other "human right days" though.

Anyways. Happy MLK day (although it was probably a few days back now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom