Handy Dandy AMXX Server Plugins Req.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Alright, i'll keep this request quite simlpe. Its not really a request for a plugin, but more like a question. I'm rather asking for a few plugins that increase server performace, and plugins that are really handy to have on a server WITHOUT that it decreases server performance, or increase the lag. Link me with the plugin if possible, and these handy dandy plugins will be added on the esf-w, hl2files servers.

The servers are LINUX, and they both use the latest AMX Mod X version (v1.60) So i think thats all the information that is needed, i hope you can help me with this though. So this is actually a benifit for me, and for you if you play on those servers.

(if this belongs in Miscellaneous, please move it there then)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhh about the only one that I would slightly reccommend is ping booster, but I dont reccommend it. Because to increase ping, pingbooster kills your CPU and takes up as much of it as it can. So its up the the admin of the server in the end.
The ping booster used to be hosted on UnitedAdmins.com, but I dont see it there now. And I checked Hullu's website and he doesnt seem to have it anymore. Do some google searches.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/axh/#booster
http://www.unitedadmins.com

#edit correction#
Wait a minute that is only for windows... umm... there is some cvar for Half-Life because Half-life Linux has a built in ping booster.... allthought I dont know the command. I saw it once on the esf forums, try searching under Mr. Satan (aka Dewd in the newd's) posts.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Honestly, i don't want to increase the CPU usage :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trust me, every single thing that is used to decrease ping to users will increase CPU useage. Its a fact of Half-life. Get used to it.

And besides why would this belong in miselanous. This is quite a valid server question.

Too often have I seen valid questions about servers be moved to the help section, the newbie section, the miscelanous section, and the ESF section. And WAYY too often have I seen bad questions make it into this section never to be closed or removed. Your question 120% a-ok.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
Trust me, every single thing that is used to decrease ping to users will increase CPU useage. Its a fact of Half-life. Get used to it.
What i mean is, i don't want a ping booster if it just will increase the CPU usage, so i don't really want it then. So, ping boosters are out the subject.

And besides why would this belong in miselanous. This is quite a valid server question.
Well, it is server related yes, but also plugins.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Plugins = server, dont worry about it. Now PLUGIN MAKING belongs in Misc section. Because that doesnt deal with running servers.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Alrighty, what i am basicly looking for is the following:

--> Server performance plugins, that could increase performance *duh*
--> Fun plugins (with its limits), public & admin fun plugins
--> And any other Plugin that might be handy to use.

Since i don't have any thoughts at the moment of what kind of plugins exactly that would be nice to be put on the servers, but i think atleast some of you could think of an plugin that you have in mind.

Also, i don't really accep plugins like the attack giver, and the powerlevel changer. Just normal plugins that would be nice to have. If you have any idea, please post it in this thread, so i can think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom